3rd Party Eyepice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Xanderman,

You may wish to reconsider this 3rd party option. It appears to my eye that the eye piece was secured to the E1 viewfinder via a cable tie. It doesn't seem reasonably secure or aligned, if too distant from the viewfinder, you may not get a full view of the image.

Just my observations :)

Cheers,

Point taken. Guess I will just stick with OLY.

I read on DP that some folks were successful in getting certain Nikon eye cup to work on the E-1. Anyone here has seen this before?

Thanks in advance :)

eyecup.jpg

yep.... ParkerR is selling one. check it out here:

Olympus E-300 Round Rubber Eyecup

heh .. lemme help parker do some advertising (after all i am his bro wad;p )

universal-eyecup-on-e300.jpg

yep, the universal eyecup fits the e300, as seen in the pictures above =P

if the E1 eyecup is the same width as the E300 den can ... otherwise i'm not sure ...

Tao

In your pic above, the E1 has a Flap at the LCD? Any idea if its 3rd party and its purpose? (protect or improve visibility?)

digitalbuff said:
Tao

In your pic above, the E1 has a Flap at the LCD? Any idea if its 3rd party and its purpose? (protect or improve visibility?)

that is a 3rd party add-on, which protects the LCD when not in use and when in use, shades the LCD from the sun.

not sure where to get though, maybe ParkerR can help.

Hi Parker,

Do you have any eyecup for E-1 that is cheaper then Olympus original?

Thanks in advance :)

digitalbuff said:
Tao

err .. ok .. let me clarify abit ah ...

i'm not parkertr ... not much chance he'll check the oly forum and find this ah .. but i'm his bro .. so can probably answer abit lah ...

the pic tao posted is NOT an E1 ... it's a D70.

the universal eyecup fits the D70 and E300, not sure about the E1.

the flap is the D70 LCD hood that parkertr is selling as well ...

perhaps you could PM him and ask if he is able to get E1 eyecups? and E1 LCD hoods?

Status
Not open for further replies.