35mm macro is available now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is because the closest focussing distance is usually measured from the subject to the CCD sensor (or the film plane in film cameras) and not from the subject to the front element of the lens.

no wonder thanks.
had a feeling was that reason haha

one fast question.
the teleconverter will increase the focal distance but will magnification still be 1:1 at the shortest focusing distance? :dunno:

teleconvertor enlarge the image at 1.4x from the point where u shoot. what you get from the shortest focusing distance is 1.4:1 (i think). not too sure that will work for focusing in 35mm macro, you might to move back a little.

hope my non-sence sounds right!:bsmilie:

Looks a bit flimsy..

http://www.4-3system.com/lenses/?l=21

35mmMacro.jpg

It may be filmsy because Oly try to reduce the form factor and weight.
Remember, this is one of the lightest macro lens. So, bringing a macro lens along is no longer a burden for most situation.

ykkok said:
Remember, this is one of the lightest macro lens. So, bringing a macro lens along is no longer a burden for most situation.

it's not flimsy. it feels just like the 14-45mm kit lens. plasticy but solid. :)

ykkok said:

I would think that the 50mm would be a better choice. Of course, it also costs more...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.