24mm f/1.4G ED or 35mm f/1.4g with D7000 as everyday lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talking about saving money here but getting a d700? And building your lens emipre? How many lens do we actually need? To me the d7000 which is an affordable body coupled with a very good lens like the 24mm could probably take better pics than your d700 + 24-70 or 50 1.4 and for cichlid to make a statement like he never understands why people pair dx with fx shows how much he really knows about photography.

Thank you.

Well said, furthermore the D800 or an upgrade is very likely to come out by this year as the 3rd anniversary of the D700 will be reaching this July. If the D800 really arrives in a few months time, it will be strange to still buy the D700.
Lens are almost eternal....

You talking about saving money here but getting a d700? And building your lens emipre? How many lens do we actually need? To me the d7000 which is an affordable body coupled with a very good lens like the 24mm could probably take better pics than your d700 + 24-70 or 50 1.4 and for cichlid to make a statement like he never understands why people pair dx with fx shows how much he really knows about photography.

Comment retracted

Last edited:
Checked all your posts. Let me see….

You are new FIRST TIME going to use DSLR, say you getting Canon 7D end of month, have budget $300 for 50mm lens, take outdoor photos…

Then you switch thread & say you are getting Nikon D7000 with 24 or 35mm f1.4, but don’t know if 24mm enough for street shooting, portrait & travel...

And you say “and for cichlid to make a statement like he never understands why people pair dx with fx shows how much he really knows about photography” when Cichlid is a senior member with 2,844 postings to date & very experienced.

Truly you are impulsive, like your nick :) :) :) Not only impulsive but..,,,,..

Kentwong81, he has top quality equipments but he never get carried away by these & give good, sound, useful advice here in CS on whats appropriate relevant & good for members photographic needs. Perhaps you could give a ear to & understand what he says

Wonder whats the purpose of your posts all about .... monkey see monkey do/say?

Last edited:

You are are new FIRST TIME going to use DSLR, say you getting Canon 7D end of month, have budget $300 for 50mm lens, take outdoor photos…

Then you switch thread & say you are getting Nikon D7000 with 24 or 35mm f1.4, but don’t know if 24mm enough for street shooting, portrait & travel...

And you say “and for cichlid to make a statement like he never understands why people pair dx with fx shows how much he really knows about photography” when Cichlid is a senior member with 2,844 postings to date & very experienced.

Kentwong81, he has top quality equipments but he never get carried away by these & give good, sound, useful advice here in CS on whats appropriate relevant & good for members photographic needs. Perhaps you could give a ear to & understand what he says

Wow....CSI skill very good.... you from EDMW? lol

Wow....CSI skill very good.... you from EDMW? lol

Hi bro, remember me? Enjoying the D700, thanks to you. So you got your dream D3S? :) Sorry lah dont know what's EDMW but still have bad habit as previous bank auditor.

Sometimes just wonder why people say the things they do, the motives behind. "Suspect" some people are sales promoters for ex $$$ lens here LOL Cheers!

Last edited:

You are new FIRST TIME going to use DSLR, say you getting Canon 7D end of month, have budget $300 for 50mm lens, take outdoor photos…

Wow u sure investigated him thoroughly... I haf to retract my comment earlier haha

So i've decided to get the Nikon d7000 over the 7d .. And your point is?

You dont know??? That figures.......

Wow u sure investigated him thoroughly... I haf to retract my comment earlier haha

No lah bro, dont be mistaken. I did not "investigate", just that when I give "advice" I like to understand background, objectives, experience etc of TS so that whatever given is in context, relevant & hopefully useful. So if something doesnt make sense, seems fake, I just look a bit deeper :) In any case all these no harm, personal opinions of different individuals only. So long as enjoy what we have & share honestly its ok. Just that some people like to play play, ask for fun only, to show they know so much & never serious even misleading in what they say.....

Last edited:
Wow! is this your full time job?

Thank you to those who contributed..

No. Your kind of posts, dont need 5 mins to figure what its all about.

Last edited:
Thank you to those who contributed..

Just buy what your pocket can spare.
D7000 is also a good cam.

It's okay if you are new.. I'm also new.

Last edited:
C'mon you kidding! Not your full time job? Really had me fooled for a moment!

Peace bornwild4!

Hi bro, remember me? Enjoying the D700, thanks to you. So you got your dream D3S? :) Sorry lah dont know what's EDMW but still have bad habit as previous bank auditor.

Sometimes just wonder why people say the things they do, the motives behind. "Suspect" some people are sales promoters for ex $$$ lens here LOL Cheers!

Of cos i remember you bro!! Sorry i couldn't remember your nick as we deal via sms the other time. Glad to know you are enjoy ur purchase, i got my D3s luckily before the japan earthquake, i think the price rise now. Not bad habit IMO, you are just letting your doubts known that's all. My personal encounter with you make me feel you are a guy passion in photography so those people that doubt your motives should look else where. Cheers bro, i will catch up with you again!

Oh yes bro! Thank you for taking such special interest in my thread! Really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.