2011 MAY RSAF Open House, Paya Lebar Airbase, Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks xtemujin for the update :)

seems like similar to previous years, lens with a focal length of 500mm and beyond are still prohibited... seems like my plan to rent an 80-400 is firm...

No worries bro.

Information about lens restriction has been put up.

thanks xtemujin for the update :)

seems like similar to previous years, lens with a focal length of 500mm and beyond are still prohibited... seems like my plan to rent an 80-400 is firm...

Yo Snappers ... It's the time of the year for some fast aircraft actions .. ; p

Details have been released as shown below .. ; p

Opening Hours:
28 May 2011, 9.30am to 7.00pm
29 May 2011, 8.30am to 7.00pm

Once again, the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) is opening its doors to the public with the RSAF Open House 2011!

Check out the RSAF's military hardware like:

- F-15SG
- F-16C/D and F16D Block 52+
- S-70B
- AH-64D

and much more!

There's a full line-up of other activities as well including:

- Aerial performances
- Aircraft rides
- Flight simulators
- Carnival activities

There's something for the entire family and great photo opportunities await. You can also pick up exclusive prizes and souvenirs!

Go on... click the “I'm attending” button, and prepare yourself for a great experience on 28 and 29 May!

Official Website:
http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsafopenhouse/

RSAF Open House 2011 Facebook Tab
http://www.facebook.com/cyberpioneer.connect?sk=app_194657587245786

hi bros~! anyone from rsaf last time? (i was) and was invited to see the open house preview either on thursday or friday (only for those who are invited). anyone going?> or was invited too?

Why not we all go together?? I no kaki now....

xtemujin said:
No worries bro.

Information about lens restriction has been put up.

U mean tat we can rent a lens from the shop? Where? How much?

This will be the first showcase of the Surface-to-air Python-5 and DERby Radar that is replacing the Rapier System.

Always wanted to get up close with our fighter jets?

Now you can! See, touch, and be thrilled by the line-up of aircraft and weapon systems. Open House 2011 will feature for the first time the F-15SG fighter aircraft, Gulfstream 550 Airborne Early Warning aircraft, S-70B naval helicopter , the Surface-to-air Python-5 and DERby Radar – Short-Range (SPYDER-SR) ground-based air defence system and the Agile Multiple Beam Radar.

In addition, the F-16D Blk 52+ fighter aircraft , AH-64D attack helicopter, Hermes 450 unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), and many more will be on display. So get your cameras ready!

Hi! How much is admittance fee? I am looking forward to see the event.

:DThanks.

The RSAF OH'11 Web has been updated .. confirmed !! I will be renting the 80-400mm lense for my D300s .. friends have been using this for past OH and Airshow .. it's more than enough to capture some great shots = )

Some info link that has been posted

Hi .. It's only 14 Days to the RSAF OH 2011 !!!

Check out the latest actions on ...

FB Event Page https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=206229646076615

Official Website: http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsafopenhouse/

be part of this fantastic event and

Support RSAF by click Like at this link http://goo.gl/GPdY8 .. seeya = )

Rehearsals dates! from their website! can try catching some shots before the actual day....prepare the kit
The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) will be conducting Aerial Display rehearsals over Central and Eastern Singapore as part of the RSAF Open House preparations. The rehearsals will be conducted on 16, 19 and 23 May 2011, and the actual displays will be conducted from 26 to 29 May 2011. The activities will take place between 10:30am and 06:00pm. The public is advised not to be alarmed.

really can't understand what is the security issue have to do with the lenes 500mm and beyond? due to their sizes? by viewing through the lens we all know it's definitely a lens what other thing can it be?
there is ways of going beyond 500mm,but it just create inconvenience to all photograher
i dont own any 500mm lens. but do hope the organizer remove that restriction which obsolete in this model digital world and give all photographer a freedom to shoot their favorite aerial display once a year during the open house.

At the end of the day, it is a military airbase and they have their own sets of rules.

This lens restrictions is not peculiar to the RSAF if you've been to other countries airbase open house. Some even restricts to only a small bag to carry in.

Cheers.

really can't understand what is the security issue have to do with the lenes 500mm and beyond? due to their sizes? by viewing through the lens we all know it's definitely a lens what other thing can it be?
there is ways of going beyond 500mm,but it just create inconvenience to all photograher
i dont own any 500mm lens. but do hope the organizer remove that restriction which obsolete in this model digital world and give all photographer a freedom to shoot their favorite aerial display once a year during the open house.

They already relax rule by allowing public to camera into a military base.

Status
Not open for further replies.