13 Mar 2010 need : TFCD/DVD Videographer for Actual Day Wedding (No stress, good exp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegasus7777777

Aug 25, 2009
Any aspiring videographers like to cover an actual day wedding on 13 Mar 2010? Basically its TFDVD, you would be provided food, reception etc, and expectations would be just basic highlights and / or actual day footage.

It would be a half-day church affair starting in the morning and ending at around 3pm. Wouldn't take much of your time but could be a good platform to expand your portfolio should you be interested to get into the area of videography.

If you are keen, please contact me at 9616 8786 and maybe tell me
1) Your experience in shooting and post processing software,
2) How passionate and responsible are you in this area.
3)if you have a portfolio for my viewing or not.
4) What equipment you might have for this assignment. Leave me an email or website or contact method please.

NOTE: If you do not have (3), it doesn't matter as I understand it might be your first time shooting an actual wedding. However, that mentioned, a sample of your works would affect slightly our decision of which videographer to choose.

If you are lacking in (4), we might consider helping in renting equips for you too, but that would depends on (3) which helps to assure us if you could deliver or not. Of course if you already have the equipment, that would be the best. :)

No stress when doing this assignment as we did not expect a videographer in the first place, only a photographer. However seeing so many nice videos make me wonder if a nice video highlight would be a nice addition to the memories, besides photographs. Thus if you like some experience, and would like to help out, and have the permission to add the result video in your own portfolio, do contact me and we can work something out.

Requirements (in order of importance, from MOST to LEAST)
1) SOME experience in videography and handling of video / audio equipment
2) SOME experience in SOME kind of video editing software ( merging, cutting assembling strips, simple fades, audio clean up)
3) SOME experience in doing video HIGHLIGHTS.
4) DO NOT get in the way of our official photographers (max:2) on that day. ( Just a friendly reminder. However, you are free to shoot everything else and/or when they are done with a certain static item. )

Expected End Result:
CD/DVD of Hi-Def video highlights and/or actual day video with edits to be delivered. This video would be delivered to us within a reasonable time period (2 months?) and the videographer reserves rights to use it for his own promotional purposes as long as it does not misuse, abuse or discredit the client (me) in the video.

That said, I have a few other friends in church, going to get married in the near future (one more just proposed) and would recommend you assignments should you do my actual day video well. Would be a nice starting point for aspiring videographers.

Thanks so much for reading. Hope to meet a nice, good passionate videographer.

is this a joke ?

just go engage a professional one loh.

Can post the couple pic here for us to view ? Venue ? See whether worth doing or not......

"That said, I have a few other friends in church, going to get married in the near future (one more just proposed) and would recommend you assignments should you do my actual day video well." LOL !!!

If you aint doing TFCD, I suggest u troll some other thread...

The most I do without a videographer. It doesn't matter to me.

I already said "we did not expect a videographer in the first place, only a photographer".

Not being rude, what you meant with your typical Singaporean attitude - is that you're degrading the value of videographers.

"I don't except to have to begin with." - I'm not trying to slam you... but with your LONG list of request and "requirements" you make it very intimidating for any new dude in town to want to volunteer to film your wedding - even I AM intimidated; becase it SEEMS to me you're gonna be a fuzzy client regardless of what you added that its going to be fun and easy-going.

How about considering re-posting your offer:

I would like a semi-professional videographer, but I don't have the money and budget.
I'll provide transport, and all the food you want for the day. I'll provide and pay for the expenses incurred (Tapes, batteries, etc). Your welfare will be my concern - I'll try to keep you within air-conditioned rooms as much as possible :)
All you need to do is film whatever happens during the day, and if you can edit - make a nice DVD.
I will be eternally grateful, thanks for taking time to read this.
Best Regards and Love.
XXXXX

No obligation..

first thought.. "no stress.. good exp".. to build a portfolio for newbies... maybe can consider..

But.. after reading the details of need and requirement, it seems very stressful for newbies!

maybe revise your expectation will help?

And to any newbies.. maybe should u be a 2nd videographer or assistant to an experience videographer will learn better? :dunno:

just my thought!! :)

Not being rude, what you meant with your typical Singaporean attitude - is that you're degrading the value of videographers.

"I don't except to have to begin with." - I'm not trying to slam you... but with your LONG list of request and "requirements" you make it very intimidating for any new dude in town to want to volunteer to film your wedding - even I AM intimidated; becase it SEEMS to me you're gonna be a fuzzy client regardless of what you added that its going to be fun and easy-going.

I do not agree that I am degrading the value of videographers. Its a respectable job... so much so that, sometimes new people trying to get in are either slammed, not given a chance, or just backed out. Here's a chance to help out in a no-stressed situation. Of course, some basic commitment is need, such as actually showing up for that day, and actually delivering what would be the end product... I think in this sense I do run SOME risk here too, its a matter of trust in the end.

How about considering re-posting your offer:

I would like a semi-professional videographer, but I don't have the money and budget.
I'll provide transport, and all the food you want for the day. I'll provide and pay for the expenses incurred (Tapes, batteries, etc). Your welfare will be my concern - I'll try to keep you within air-conditioned rooms as much as possible :)
All you need to do is film whatever happens during the day, and if you can edit - make a nice DVD.
I will be eternally grateful, thanks for taking time to read this.
Best Regards and Love.
XXXXX

Ok I'm sorry for phasing that way, and since u phase it in a whole new dimension that sound so much nicer, I thank you. Its like the same scene, but you produced a different perspective and nicer photographs. Hence the sincere thanks. :)

So my offer still stands.

If you are pro, and offended by this thread, then I'm sorry. I didn't meant to, as this thread really isn't for u. This is really a platform to help others as well as myself, and something I thought up while looking for photography opportunities for myself. I love to do photography, but its hard to get a request even if I want to do it for free because of a lack of portfolio.

Now before anyone decide to slam me, I suggest reading it from a perspective of people looking for opportunities to help one another. No one slams a TFCD for photography, why slam videography?

No obligation..

first thought.. "no stress.. good exp".. to build a portfolio for newbies... maybe can consider..

But.. after reading the details of need and requirement, it seems very stressful for newbies!

maybe revise your expectation will help?

And to any newbies.. maybe should u be a 2nd videographer or assistant to an experience videographer will learn better? :dunno:

just my thought!! :)

Sorry could u clarify the "stress"?
Its pretty simple, if you come and shoot video, u'll get free food, free drinks for a short half day affair, and sincere thanks from me.

If you provide equipment yourself, that would be great.
If you don't have equipment, I COULD help in rental, however I would like to see some portfolio before deciding if its worth the rental fees.

End of it, the videographer will return and edit the video for some time. Then he gives me a copy of the final product. And if its really well-done, there might be some additional remuneration.

The other info is just to inform what will happen on that day, and requirements list is there just in case someone who just bought a handycam and decide to try out for this wedding. :p

Apologies for the lack of clarity in my post. Maybe less info is really more in this case then.

No one slams a TFCD for photography, why slam videography?

I guess the difference between TFCD and ur request, TFCD is a deal between 2 professionals. You need to pay for the services of photographer and model. So instead of paying each other for the same project, they set a deal to TFCD. But yours, I guess, is a deal between a client and a service guy. So that is totally different situation. I dun think you lose anything at all if the final product is not good cos you didn't pay at all. Except for the free foods and stuff but nobody would be that petty.

Like you say initially, you don't really need a videographer but you just creating an opportunity for newbies. If you're really sincere about it, you would not put any expectation cos wehther it's good or bad, you dun want a videographer at the first place.

My suggestion is, let any newbies to gain experience to do the shoot without any strict requirement (need to check past portfolios are for paid job. You're not). If you like the final product, then pay for it at deal between you and the videographer. If you don't like them, say goodbye and tell them to practise more.

I guess the difference between TFCD and ur request, TFCD is a deal between 2 professionals. You need to pay for the services of photographer and model. So instead of paying each other for the same project, they set a deal to TFCD. But yours, I guess, is a deal between a client and a service guy. So that is totally different situation. I dun think you lose anything at all if the final product is not good cos you didn't pay at all. Except for the free foods and stuff but nobody would be that petty.

Like you say initially, you don't really need a videographer but you just creating an opportunity for newbies. If you're really sincere about it, you would not put any expectation cos wehther it's good or bad, you dun want a videographer at the first place.

My suggestion is, let any newbies to gain experience to do the shoot without any strict requirement (need to check past portfolios are for paid job. You're not). If you like the final product, then pay for it at deal between you and the videographer. If you don't like them, say goodbye and tell them to practise more.

quite agree on dopplegangus, it is a client and a professional issue.
it is good that the client dont hav high expectation on the outcome in beginning and offer the day for those newbie tryout. (since you dont expect a videographer in beggining)

it seriously stress out on those newbie after read on the requirement... haha...

i hope you may get PMs from those videographer out there... cheers....

your expectations are the stress for newbies my dear... :sweat:

dopplegangus got the point.. :)

agree... as the idiom goes "beggars can't be choosers"

I dun mind going down to shoot for fun - my requirement. I shoot on my Canon 7D and I'll shoot only selected important shots I really need to edit a summary highlights. The good thing is, I'm pro. Muhaha.

So yeah if you want me you an PM me. Pay for my transport and feed me well thank you :)
www.davidliu.com.sg

when the TS posted this request ... I was very sure he will kena "SLAM" and it had been a very fun posts to read. Hehehehe.

What's TFCD/DVD anyway? I see this term everywhere...

You shoot me while I let you shot me...... basically, FREE videographer for the model/talent and FREE model/talent for the videographer.

TFCD = Trade for CD.
TFDVD = Trade for DVD

Basically no $$ involved.. so shouldn't have any client in such case.

Maybe next time someone will offer TFF (Trade for Food) only! :sweat:

Anyway good luck to TS in finding a passionate TFDVD (Hi Def) video guy.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.