13/09/2012: Nikon announces D600 FF 24,3 mp

You wish... Street price is never a constant 80% of rrp. a lot depends on the overall price.. I think locally, after the mad rush, the D600 will slowly go down and stabilize at around 2.8-2.9k in maybe 6 to 9 months.

And if the GST goes up again... good luck liao...

You're probably right - Nikon Singapore doesnt have marketing smarts. If their Singapore RRP matches US they will achieve:
1) Will not cannibalize D800
2) True upgrade path for D7000 users
3) Switch Canon aps-c users
4) Sell a ton of lenses
5) Sell in quanitity before Canon returns fire. Which will be soon - Nikon has about 6 to 10 months to capitalize.

Having said that I think what Nikon Singapore will do is USD price x 1.5, trickle in a few hundred units until canon launches. The suck thumb again and wonder why they have a superior product but cant capitalize on it...

But checking the other D800 thread, there are people who got very recent quotes, the price of the D800 is around $3.8k. The value on the HWZ page for the D800 is $4,488. So there's a $600 mark down in street value for something that's basically out of stock. The D600 might see a similar mark down value, maybe not as much, and could end up in the $2.7-2.8k range.

magicdragon said:
Has to be kit price - Nikon Singapore may not have good marketing people but they are not stupid.

Hahahahahah yeah....

Well if that is the case then the 3400 is justifiable...

unchecked said:
But checking the other D800 thread, there are people who got very recent quotes, the price of the D800 is around $3.8k. The value on the HWZ page for the D800 is $4,488. So there's a $600 mark down in street value for something that's basically out of stock. The D600 might see a similar mark down value, maybe not as much, and could end up in the $2.7-2.8k range.

I hope it is like that... But still 3400 is justifiable if it includes the kit...

I hope it is like that... But still 3400 is justifiable if it includes the kit...

Well if you check the RRP price difference between D800 (4488$) & D600 (3249$) you would see there is a premium of 1240$ between the two model.
So if the street price is 3750$ for the D800 then the street price should & hopefully be (3750 - 1240) 2510 $
But then it is possible that we have the street price like D800 of 84% of RRP which then make D600 = 2729$
Well it's just an idea but it may not end up like that lol

unchecked said:

I think it's more like $3650 for a D800 since last week.

Interesting.

darn. but still will consider the D800 over this one! :bsmilie:

I think this time it will be tougher for retailers who try to inflate the d600 price at launch and still expect it to sell well, considering how informed consumers are about the d800 price now, no reason to get the d600 if it's so close in price to the d800

noinimod said:
I think this time it will be tougher for retailers who try to inflate the d600 price at launch and still expect it to sell well, considering how informed consumers are about the d800 price now, no reason to get the d600 if it's so close in price to the d800

They could simply increase the price of the D800/E right now. :p

You're probably right - Nikon Singapore doesnt have marketing smarts. If their Singapore RRP matches US they will achieve:
1) Will not cannibalize D800
2) True upgrade path for D7000 users
3) Switch Canon aps-c users
4) Sell a ton of lenses
5) Sell in quanitity before Canon returns fire. Which will be soon - Nikon has about 6 to 10 months to capitalize.

Having said that I think what Nikon Singapore will do is USD price x 1.5, trickle in a few hundred units until canon launches. The suck thumb again and wonder why they have a superior product but cant capitalize on it...

oic, so nikon prices is never usd x 1.5 ? i am using Canon right now.. contemplating a cheap FF camera body..

Higher fps but 1/200 flash sync and 1/4000s max shutter speed. Choices choices...

Seems like D600 is design to push the sale for D800 lol