12-60 Users... any one of you own the 9-18??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, didn't get the 9-18, coz I'm forbidden to get any lenses for the time being...

Me same as u, oli forbidden purchasing lenses but not accessories for me. :devil:

for me, If really want UWA, I will save for 7-14mm

dpreview may have the answer for you.

from dpreview

ZD12-60 @ 12mm
12mm-aov.jpg

ZD9-18 @ 9mm
9mm-aov.jpg

Pwah! Thats a huge difference....must standby antidote.

As above...
Why did you get the 9-18??.. does the 3mm extra makes any significant difference??..

Thanks....
9-18 differ from 12-60. One is a UWA lens in standard category while the other is a standard zoom in HG category. Both serve different purposes.

A proper and sensible question would be to compare 9-18 and 7-14. Both are UWA lenses placed in different category.

9-18mm is an alternative to the 7-14mm.. not the 12-60mm.
The 12-60mm has a very good zoom range for a walkabout lens while the 18mm of the 9-18mm is just too short for that.
The London Bridge shot looked terrible at 9mm compared to that at 12mm.

Last edited:
I think the TS is asking whether anyone actually justified getting the 9-18, in addition to their current 12-60, considering the 12-60 already has that extra wideangle compared to the standard lenses...

Not so much about whether the 9-18 is a good alternative to the 12-60...

Well then, if he wants an Oly UWA and can't afford the 7-14mm, then he has no other choice but to get the 9 -18mm. 3mm in the wide end makes a world of difference in wide angle coverage.

Oly users also used to buy the 11-22mm even when they have the 14-54mm just to get the extra 3mm wide angle coverage.

Last edited:
9-18mm is an alternative to the 7-14mm.. not the 12-60mm.
The 12-60mm has a very good zoom range for a walkabout lens while the 18mm of the 9-18mm is just too short for that.
The London Bridge shot looked terrible at 9mm compared to that at 12mm.

Ya, I noticed the difference too.. Is the resolution and sharpness quite far? I read in many reviews that at 9mm it's almost as sharp as the 7-14?

Status
Not open for further replies.