11-22mm samples at 11mm f2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benng said:
Yeah choices choices. :) I am into taking my son now actually, it is good time to take now, as he just turn 15mths.

My aim is to eventually get all 3 lens (50-200mm, 14-54mm & 50mm). But for now I will only get one.

My choice of lenses would be the 14-54 and the 11-22. This is because I have a very stong preference to shoot subjects within a context.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=171707

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=171712

Almost all the shots did not require a zoom. This is my preference.

Benng said:
Yeah choices choices. :) I am into taking my son now actually, it is good time to take now, as he just turn 15mths.

My aim is to eventually get all 3 lens (50-200mm, 14-54mm & 50mm). But for now I will only get one.

In order of preference if I were to get all three:

(1) 14-54mm (most shots are taken with this range)
(2) 11-22mm (more dramatic shots are taken with this range)
(3) 50-200mm (bulky but fast)

Forget about what lens can be used for what situation. You should be able to use any lens for portraiture, lenscape, travelling, etc. The only exception I have found if you try to do Macro and do not have a macro lens :).

I used a 7-14mm for this shot.

PC170349_DCE1.jpg

wind30 said:
hi people,

after selling my 14-54, thinking of getting the 11-22. I read the MTF chart at olympus site and it seems that at 11mm f2.8 the corners are quite soft compared to 14-54. Does anyone has any samples, prefably full size shot at 11mm f2.8? Or any opinons on the corner sharpness wide open?

Today ur lucky day, remembered wat u wanted. Its very hard to find anyone who wanna host a 5.2MB jpg file for your reference.
Dunno wat u can make out of it. Shot 11mm f2.8 handheld, unedited.

chainsmoker said:
Today ur lucky day, remembered wat u wanted. Its very hard to find anyone who wanna host a 5.2MB jpg file for your reference.
Dunno wat u can make out of it. Shot 11mm f2.8 handheld, unedited.

thx for the pic. :) the part thats in focus is resonably sharp. did u try using hyper focal method to get a sharp throughout pic?

nightpiper said:
thx for the pic. :) the part thats in focus is resonably sharp. did u try using hyper focal method to get a sharp throughout pic?
This one shot in infinity, same settings 11mm f2.8 unedited but handheld.

thanks for the sample. It does look a little soft wide open but I guess it is hard for me to tell. Usually I shoot two shots at f4 and f2.8 and with a comparison I can judge how much soft my lens is at f2.8.

I posted a link with a detailed comparison of the 11-22 and 14-54 while back. Full res samples of most f-stops. You can clearly see that his 11-22 loses a lot of sharpness at f2.8interesting read for those who thinking of getting the 11-22.

wind30 said:
thanks for the sample. It does look a little soft wide open but I guess it is hard for me to tell. Usually I shoot two shots at f4 and f2.8 and with a comparison I can judge how much soft my lens is at f2.8.

I posted a link with a detailed comparison of the 11-22 and 14-54 while back. Full res samples of most f-stops. You can clearly see that his 11-22 loses a lot of sharpness at f2.8interesting read for those who thinking of getting the 11-22.

get 14-54 if you always shoot at f2.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.