105 days Europe Adventure

Very nice thread. Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed...:)

Nice, snowshoeing ... how was it?
Looks like fresh powder... and looks chillingly cold!

It was actually harder than it looked on parts of the steeper climb, which the 'ski poles' really came in very handy. The cold was nail biting whenever I removed the thick clumsy outer gloves to take pictures. Taking time indulging in my photography antics was 'suicidal' while exposing my fingers, so failed shots were aplenty. Needless to say, the GND filters stayed mint. The painful feeling of my fingers slowing 'defrosting' is still fresh in my mind to this day. Snow fell twice during the ascent, so powder quite fresh in some places.

well done!

Thanks david. :)

Very nice thread. Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed...:)

Hi thanks! Glad you enjoyed the thread! :)

6253855620_e8c0c3fd6f_z.jpg

#95 Geysir, South Western Iceland.
The once great Geysir of Haukadalur Valley, which could sprout boiling water up to 70m high, now laid dormant as a supporting cast to the frequent bursting Strokkur 50m away seen in action at the background. This shot, taken at the second visit towards the end of completing the Ring Route, was a grim reminder of how I lost my Tokina 11-16mm during my first visit on my very first night in Iceland.

A sudden gust of strong wind had blew my setup over, sending the broken half of the lens into the Geysir and the 450D precariously on the pool's edge. Managed to drag the remains out of the boiling pool with the tripod's leg although the body survived the fall. Drove back to Reykjavik the following morning, found a camera shop and bought an overpriced 10-22mm as replacement. Heck, I would have bought it even if it was double the price. What a way to start the Icelandic experience...

Bro, your pictures are a great motivation to me.
Thanks for the hardwork :)

6260885150_61530bd948_z.jpg

#96 Brattolt, South Western Iceland.
Icelandic farmhouses near Brattolt, along Route 35 connecting Geysir and Gullfloss. Taken at 4:30am after spending a night at Gullfoss the previous night.

Hi BB, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Fantastic photos and very inspiring journey. camping for more :)

6276240385_1b8459798a_z.jpg

#97 Svartifoss, South Iceland.

Notably known for inspiring the architecture of the Hallgrímskirkja church in Reykjavík with it's hexagonal basalt columns, Svartifoss can be visited with a 30min hike in Skaftafell National Park. A breathtaking view of the black southern coast of Iceland can be marveled while en-route to this popular waterfall.

6276240385_1b8459798a_z.jpg

#97 Svartifoss, South Iceland.

Notably known for inspiring the architecture of the Hallgrímskirkja church in Reykjavík with it's hexagonal basalt columns, Svartifoss can be visited with a 30min hike in Skaftafell National Park. A breathtaking view of the black southern coast of Iceland can be marveled while en-route to this popular waterfall.

The textures on the cliff walls are such a sight to see. Any chance of a wider view showing more of the walls to the right or left. Nevertheless an impressive capture. Lovely :)

The textures on the cliff walls are such a sight to see. Any chance of a wider view showing more of the walls to the right or left. Nevertheless an impressive capture. Lovely :)

Thanks KT. It was really bewildering how nature can carve out such amazing textures and forms out of the cliff here. I did have a failed shot depicting a wider view but it is a bit embarrassing to be posted here. The wider view of the basalt columns cliff does nothing to the image composition except to undermine the flow of the waterfall and surrendering the details of the textures in my opinion.

6133297695_29e045e5d2_z.jpg

#98 Vík í Mýrdal, South Iceland.

The second of a trilogy of images taken at the black beach of Vík preceded by #80 earlier at page 14. The sight of the unusually fast erosion rate of the curve fascinated me as it collapsed by the seconds as the curve grew larger I wondered this would even be around in an hour. Didn't stayed long enough to find out though.

Last edited:

6149794893_1848e92e18_z.jpg

#99 Leirhnjúkur, North Iceland.
Taken while trekking part of Leirhnjúkur larva field that was completely shrouded by shin-deep snow. Shortly after, we came across a team of friendly Icelanders working tirelessly to shove chest-high snow off a destroyed timber walkway. Men and women alike, Icelandic workers seemed to really enjoy their work regardless of how tough their work was. Reminded me of that friendly emergency crew who rescued us in the middle of the snowstorm night earlier. Kudos to them

wow truly fantastic pictures that showcase the wonders of mother nature. honestly i am not a big fan of landscape pictures but you turned me into a convert. great job!

wow truly fantastic pictures that showcase the wonders of mother nature. honestly i am not a big fan of landscape pictures but you turned me into a convert. great job!

Welcome to the amazing world of landscape photography! Appreciate your effort in looking through so many pages of my works. Thanks fred! :)

6308653973_8a625c3fdc_z.jpg

#100 Þingvellir, South Western Iceland.

Most befitting of being the milestone 100th image of this thread, not that it is the best image here but due to the significant cultural, historical and geographical importance this place is to Iceland. Pronounced as "Thingvellir", Þingvellir is the number one visited site of the Golden Circle with the other two being Gullfoss and Geysir. This rift valley is the site of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge where you can immerse yourself in the amazing canyon formed by the continental drift between the Eurasian Tectonic Plate and the North American Tectonic Plate.

Notwithstanding the distinctly impressive landscape, this solemn site is also where the first Parliament was assembled to lay down the foundation of the Icelandic legislative centuries ago. Taken from the cliff of the Eurasian Plate, the largest natural lake in Iceland, Þingvallavatn, played a beautiful backdrop for this take.

6322170069_d0d1ecae8b_z.jpg

#101 Sarkofagen, Svalbard.
Whenever we hear the sound of helicopter in the distant, it usually meant one thing: somebody out there ran into trouble and required a rescue operation. It was also during these times our guide's phone will start ringing to make sure our team is not the one in trouble. Seen here are my other two female team mates and the guide.