shopping for a pns camera with casing

depends on how often you will use it and whether this will earn you bucks... if you are using professionally, then you need to get a DSLR, but if only for yourself then a P&S will do.

Hahaha... I disagree friend. ;)

For me... the only reason I didn't go DSLR.... is mainly COST & WEIGHT. It would cost me over $3.5K to outfit my Canon 7D and add one more Strobe. And the whole package would meant my already 'overweight' dive bag, just got heavier :sweat: That meant more pain for my back... and more pain on my wallet everytime I fly. I don't think most DSLR setup owner here earn extra selling their pics.

If COST & WEIGHT isn't a problem.... I would have die die gone DSLR... cause there isn't a good way to do REAL MACRO with a PnS camera.... even with Close-up filters. Just isn't the same 1:1 kind of photography.

antacid is correct that DSLR is really the best kind of camera for even normal divers like us..... if only we strike 4D or TOTO more offence :bsmilie:

No u r wrong.. 1k not enuf to buy you uw housing for ur DSLR.. not to mention ports.. arms.. strobes.. and yes, we have not even talk about the actual camera and lens yet! :bsmilie:

edit: dun forget the 100 extra accessories u will need for ur DSLR uw setup.. lol

see i told you...

Hahaha... I disagree friend. ;)

For me... the only reason I didn't go DSLR.... is mainly COST & WEIGHT. It would cost me over $3.5K to outfit my Canon 7D and add one more Strobe. And the whole package would meant my already 'overweight' dive bag, just got heavier :sweat: That meant more pain for my back... and more pain on my wallet everytime I fly. I don't think most DSLR setup owner here earn extra selling their pics.

If COST & WEIGHT isn't a problem.... I would have die die gone DSLR... cause there isn't a good way to do REAL MACRO with a PnS camera.... even with Close-up filters. Just isn't the same 1:1 kind of photography.

antacid is correct that DSLR is really the best kind of camera for even normal divers like us..... if only we strike 4D or TOTO more offence :bsmilie:

yes .. that is the other thing i dun like about it...

to me diving is a leisurely sport for me... getting a uw cam is just anther way to document my 'travels' .. so light ...leisure... :D

when is the PC show? for P&S Underwater i recommend the Canon A Series. For above water the Lumix GF1...

good stuff... i will look out for it..

PC Show is 10-13 june @ suntec

yes .. that is the other thing i dun like about it...

to me diving is a leisurely sport for me... getting a uw cam is just anther way to document my 'travels' .. so light ...leisure... :D

I think i speak for many when i say: i shoot, therefore i dive.
I for one will not bother to go diving without my camera

I think i speak for many when i say: i shoot, therefore i dive.
I for one will not bother to go diving without my camera

Spoken like a true U/W photography addicted :thumbsup:

I totally agree.... if it wasn't for photography.... diving for me would lose many of its value. Thats why I'm so into Muck Diving.... tons & tons of subject to shoot :bsmilie:

Yes we do :p it attracts the babes as well :p

haha mainly people just ogle from afar. once 2 china ladies walked past and commented in chinese: so BIG, so Professional....

I wanted to burst out laughing but just walked faster instead. could hear my 2 friends behind sniggering though.... :bsmilie:

haha mainly people just ogle from afar. once 2 china ladies walked past and commented in chinese: so BIG, so Professional....

I wanted to burst out laughing but just walked faster instead. could hear my 2 friends behind sniggering though.... :bsmilie:

No wonder S'pore have too little babies :sweat:

Seems like most of us photo geeks have problem with the ladies.... :bsmilie:

So TS.... after so much is said here... Have you finally decide which camera to get ?? :think:

usually the ladies say so big, i'll turn and give them a wink :p