Pictures from LX3 for technical discussion - part II

p1020558s3s.jpg

Taken at a farm in Japan.

is the LX3 easy to use? was thinking of getting a DSLR for holiday trip when i saw that Lx3 is a good cam too

layers said:
is the LX3 easy to use? was thinking of getting a DSLR for holiday trip when i saw that Lx3 is a good cam too

If you have not decided/buy. You might like to check out LX5 instead.

The FL is more usable and the AF quite a bit faster.

Hi, can anyone tell me how do I used Panasonic DMW-LW46 Wide Conversion Lens, Panasonic DMW-LPL46 PL Filter and Panasonic DMW-LMC46 MC Protector with Panasonic Lens Adaptor(DMW-LA4) together? I am thinking of buying more accessories to play with. I hope to get some replies soon. Thanks.

Hi qinzheng,

May i know wat is the setting for the 1st pic(the "waterfall' freeze) & how to acheive those kind of light effect(stars) of the MBS nite scene?

tks u.

The fist shot (waterfall) has a long exposure may have used ND filters. The second is by stopping down the aperture of the lens to say f 5.6 (probably with tripod or placing camera on a sturdy support.

Hi qinzheng,

May i know wat is the setting for the 1st pic(the "waterfall' freeze) & how to acheive those kind of light effect(stars) of the MBS nite scene?

tks u.

both of them using long exposure, can't remember actual timing i set, should be < 5 secs.. No filters used.

LX3, with vibrance boost in LR3

5558696254_69ee590eca_z.jpg

Second attempt in capturing the skyline from MBS

This is so nice... I could have mistaken it as a DSLR output!

This is such a wonderful camera, and an incredible lens!

5987208063_1c98591627_z.jpg

P1030247.png

13s, F2.2

i took this at night, about 1030pm at lor halus.
this pic gives me an imagination that a steel dragon is emerging out of somewhere.

i was trying out a big aperture shot and a small one.
prefer this one.

Last edited:
P1070805.jpg

After all this years , this little cam is still a gem!