Calling all horror movie fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zplus said:
When I was young... I freaked out after watching Evil Dead...pencils can be so deadly...

And The Omen... played in my school and before the teacher realised someone's head got chopped off by a sliding sheet of glass...

And then Nightmare on Elm Street.... finger knives... who would've thought.

In the Company of Wolves was nice too...
:)

Evil Dead is so goddamn funny... maybe its just me, the lord of the tentacles movies... :thumbsup:

Can't imagine Sam Raimi doing these b4...

American Werewolf in London is all time fave for werewolves movies...

From Dust Til Dawn also not bad...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Evil Dead is so goddamn funny... maybe its just me, the lord of the tentacles movies... :thumbsup:

Can't imagine Sam Raimi doing these b4...

American Werewolf in London is all time fave for werewolves movies...

From Dust Til Dawn also not bad...

From Dusk Till Dawn is pretty good. I haven't seen Evil Dead yet but Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3) is one of the funniest movies I've seen.

cardsharpclark said:
From Dusk Till Dawn is pretty good. I haven't seen Evil Dead yet but Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3) is one of the funniest movies I've seen.

Army of Darkness was a kick in the gut funny... same goes for From Dusk till Dawn. You saw the censored one or non censored version? If you only caught the censored version...try to get the uncut version...the gore and vulgarity is hillarious. Classics... Not George Clooney's best but Taratino is always cool.

There is a Japanese movie called naked blood. Check it out.

Major characters dig out their eyeballs with a fork and eat them, or spike themselves with needles. This was an 80s movie and I really have no idea how they did the special effects back then. It looks so real.

And that brings to mind the horrible needle scene from Audition, another Japanese movie.

ortega said:
Queen of the Damned

I only caught the movie, but I imagine that the novel would be much better.

novel is equally good..
Aaliyah died after filming of this movie :cry:

sammy888 said:
Army of Darkness was a kick in the gut funny... same goes for From Dusk till Dawn. You saw the censored one or non censored version? If you only caught the censored version...try to get the uncut version...the gore and vulgarity is hillarious. Classics... Not George Clooney's best but Taratino is always cool.

oh ya... dun bother watching part 2 & 3... cos i bought the box set, din watch at all... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
oh ya... dun bother watching part 2 & 3... cos i bought the box set, din watch at all... :bsmilie:

Nah just this one......And it was one of those earlier flick which was directed by the Raimi brothers and it starred one of those rather underrated actors Bruce Campbell and of course due their earlier collaboration, in the years to come, the Raimi brothers did Hercules and Zena warrior princess and of course Bruce Campbell was given a role in both. They made pretty good movies and tv show with a good mix of blood and comedy.

As for one of the cult movie of horror monster with a twist of comedy: that would go to the movie TREMORS. I think I & II were the best after that...the others were weak attempts including the tv version.

sammy888 said:
Nah just this one......And it was one of those earlier flick which was directed by the Raimi brothers and it starred one of those rather underrated actors Bruce Campbell and of course due their earlier collaboration, in the years to come, the Raimi brothers did Hercules and Zena warrior princess and of course Bruce Campbell was given a role in both. They made pretty good movies and tv show with a good mix of blood and comedy.

As for one of the cult movie of horror monster with a twist of comedy: that would go to the movie TREMORS. I think I & II were the best after that...the others were weak attempts including the tv version.

oops think i let u misunderstood... i find Evil Dead 1, 2 & Army of Darkness extremely fun to watch... the 2 & 3 to skip is the From Dust Til Dawn 2 & 3...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
oops think i let u misunderstood... i find Evil Dead 1, 2 & Army of Darkness extremely fun to watch... the 2 & 3 to skip is the From Dust Til Dawn 2 & 3...

Oh From Dust till Dawn Part 2 and 3? I did not know there was sequels to them. Nah I actually was thinking of Evil Dead 1 & 2...they were sequel to Army of The Darkness of sort I think..abit hazy with this one as it was donkey years ago hehe...use to be a real film buff but with age...the mind is horrible at remembering all the past horror flicks and I notice sequels in horror flicks usually are never as good as the original. Only a few rare ones are able to pull it off. I have to add, the late 70s, 80s and 90s had some really good flicks. Alot more harder to find gems in this new millenium and too much CGI is used.

One of the best horor flick I see that really screws with your mind more then visual effect is Exorsit III with Geaorge C Scott.

The Exorsist has gotta be the classic of all horror films!

Cheers,
-Mich- :p

ortega said:
most of them, do you?

nobody caught the pun :(

not until u mentioned it....

nice one!

we have more irritating blood suckers to worry about now though....those %^!$@! mozzies...

i found "pet sematary" quite disturbing... :eek:

HELLRASIER! By Clive Parker.:thumbsup:

zaren said:
i found "pet sematary" quite disturbing... :eek:

That's the thing about Horror stories written by Stephen King..he does not pull his punches. If he deem a child or cute animal be killed or subject of evil, he will use it...not like other horror show or writer who like to use stupid horny teens, dumb adults, cops or some ugly demon thingy...trying not to tread on sensitive theme stuff. Anyone remember his TV mini series called "IT" about a devil clown?

Status
Not open for further replies.