Any kakis here drink wine besides photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mageditor said:
Thanks for correcting. :sweat:

Well, seems we all have our own favourites. Anyone like wines from Burgundy?

Burgundy lei......of course........I love it.

There are some cult wines as well such as Harlan Estate from Napa Valley. Now that is one nice smooth wine but a little to ex for my wallet. There is a wine importer only brings in 30-50 bottles a year. Price? A cool $1,000 a bottle.......:sweat:

Only manage to drank once........:sweatsm:

That kind of wine are for immortals. I only a mortal. Rather spend on camera stuff with $1000. At least they last longer. Wine drink already, 'boh liao'. :sweatsm:

Just drink, make merry and shoot happily. :thumbsup:

Pro Image said:
There are some cult wines as well such as Harlan Estate from Napa Valley. Now that is one nice smooth wine but a little to ex for my wallet. There is a wine importer only brings in 30-50 bottles a year. Price? A cool $1,000 a bottle.......:sweat:

Only manage to drank once........:sweatsm:

mageditor said:
That kind of wine are for immortals. I only a mortal. Rather spend on camera stuff with $1000. At least they last longer. Wine drink already, 'boh liao'. :sweatsm:

Just drink, make merry and shoot happily. :thumbsup:

I know......THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE......! **Pro Image swings his samurai sword and chops off his on head.......:bsmilie:**

jdredd said:
yea its not cheap.. thing about burgundy though, is somethings you can get a parcel offload that works out pretty well.

crystal has a decent selection of burgundies, in the 80-120 price range.

i heard crystal b4 but how do go ah... ?? u got add....... many thanks :)

I like Pinot Noirs esp the NZ styles. Anyone can share how the old world ones from France taste like?

How many of us here attend tastings and wine dinners? (I dont go wine dinners, too ex for me)

Ex loh. $80 to $120 for a decent wine is too much.

jdredd said:
yea its not cheap.. thing about burgundy though, is somethings you can get a parcel offload that works out pretty well.

crystal has a decent selection of burgundies, in the 80-120 price range.

mageditor said:
I like Pinot Noirs esp the NZ styles. Anyone can share how the old world ones from France taste like?

How many of us here attend tastings and wine dinners? (I dont go wine dinners, too ex for me)

Ex loh. $80 to $120 for a decent wine is too much.

although "$80 to $120 " was a bit ex. but it was really worth it ... cox it frm Burgundy "the King world of wine".... just like last time i have bought 1 redwine "Baron" frm Bordeaux it cost me ~$90 ... but the taste ... oak...full body ... dry ..deep red colour... ... really good... :thumbsup: ...u see for the Ice wine / Frozen wine for 350L normally can cost up to $100 ++ alr... so when u compare the price of the wine frm Burgundy and Ice wine frm Canada the Burgundy one was alot worth than the Ice wine (somemore the Ice wine not frm Germany)..... of course this was my opinion only ..

mageditor said:
I don't organise one or belong to any dah. Me only small time newbie photographer and shoot for fun. Drink to relax after work with friends.:lovegrin:

This URL here got all the dates for wine tastings, dinners all you can 'lim' and pay.
http://www.myfirstforum.com/wine-forum-7.htm :thumbsup:

I only pick a few and go. Where got so much time to pay and drink. :sweatsm:

Wow! The site so many ABCs to read...but good. Btw, where's Ansel?????

hugoleong said:
i heard crystal b4 but how do go ah... ?? u got add....... many thanks :)

crystal is at valleypoint, on river valley. if you want to go let me know, i got discount there.

80-120 i guess is considered quite ex by some standards, but thats the problem with burgundy.... with really good burgundy reaching quite stratospheric prices, anything decent in the 100 dollar range considered quite a bargain.

jdredd said:
crystal is at valleypoint, on river valley. if you want to go let me know, i got discount there.

80-120 i guess is considered quite ex by some standards, but thats the problem with burgundy.... with really good burgundy reaching quite stratospheric prices, anything decent in the 100 dollar range considered quite a bargain.

thanks 1st ... if i decide to go i wil let u know ... but did u know .. how is the Merlot range sell in crystal shop ??

merlot?
well, they have pretty much all the right bank wines you could want to try...
so i guess a pretty good selection.

Wine tasting at Jason (Tanglin Mall) this Saturday 3pm.
For a good Burgundy style Pinot Noir, can try the Aussie one...Salitage from Pemberton...shd be ard 45 to 50 bucks.
Cheers

Will try to attend if free. Cheers.

FERMOY ESTATE WINE TASTING

With Michael Kelly as the event speaker, now is your chance to familiarise yourself with the long loved by many, Fermoy Estate wines.

Date: 17 June 2006, Saturday
Time: 3pm
Venue: Jasons Orchard
#01-01 Orchard Towers

Info from www.coldstorage.com.sg

sharkspin said:
Wine tasting at Jason (Tanglin Mall) this Saturday 3pm.
For a good Burgundy style Pinot Noir, can try the Aussie one...Salitage from Pemberton...shd be ard 45 to 50 bucks.
Cheers

hugoleong said:
although "$80 to $120 " was a bit ex. but it was really worth it ... cox it frm Burgundy "the King world of wine".... just like last time i have bought 1 redwine "Baron" frm Bordeaux it cost me ~$90 ... but the taste ... oak...full body ... dry ..deep red colour... ... really good... :thumbsup: ...u see for the Ice wine / Frozen wine for 350L normally can cost up to $100 ++ alr... so when u compare the price of the wine frm Burgundy and Ice wine frm Canada the Burgundy one was alot worth than the Ice wine (somemore the Ice wine not frm Germany)..... of course this was my opinion only ..

Yeah,ice wine are really ex. But they are my fav.
So,usually I bought them when I travel,or when my friends travel. Will ask them
to help me get it from airport.Its less than 100. So much cheaper and NICE too!

edwinywh said:
Yeah,ice wine are really ex. But they are my fav.
So,usually I bought them when I travel,or when my friends travel. Will ask them
to help me get it from airport.Its less than 100. So much cheaper and NICE too!

but Singapore Airport only sell 1 brand "Iniskillin" (dont know the spelling correct or not) ... i have try all range alr... but still a bit sweet to me... only the golden version one ok for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.