All New FZ1000

Whats the cycle for this kinda camera? I think its been out for a year already..Sony has launched the RX 10 II which is its direct competitor..do you think mark II or whatever name they will use will be out anytime soon? Just asking..

FZ300 will be out soon. It has less features than fz1000. I reckon fz2000 will be out late in the year. Sony rx10mkii will be in Singapore 30 jul 2015. Meanwhile Canon G3X is already out.
I am using the FZ1000 and the image quality is really fantastic.

I am quite interested in the FZ1000 over RX10II..if a newer model is due quite soon i might as well wait..in no hurry to get one as i have other cameras..thanks for the info..

Any FZ1000 owners out there can comment on the low light capabilities of this camera? How does the AF fare indoors? Example: shooting indoor basketball, gymnastics, etc.

Any FZ1000 owners out there can comment on the low light capabilities of this camera? How does the AF fare indoors? Example: shooting indoor basketball, gymnastics, etc.

If under sodium lamp as in public places, it is not fantastic but in indoor fluorescent lighting or what u mention for indoor sports, there is no issue.
Below is a time lapse shot using the FZ1000 by one of our local student videographer for you guys to enjoy. This camera has built-in time lapse feature that is simple to set and it can stitch all the images within the camera.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jEH-d-mG9Lg

If under sodium lamp as in public places, it is not fantastic but in indoor fluorescent lighting or what u mention for indoor sports, there is no issue.
Below is a time lapse shot using the FZ1000 by one of our local student videographer for you guys to enjoy. This camera has built-in time lapse feature that is simple to set and it can stitch all the images within the camera.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jEH-d-mG9Lg

Cool thanks for the reply.. the time lapse looks great..

got myself this camera late last year
can consider as i've upgraded myself from FZ200 ;p

anyway, here's some shots of my recent trip to Turkey

view from top of Uludaq mountain, almost sunset
WDPhotos_1452486729931.jpg

from about 2000m above sea level on a hot air balloon
WDPhotos_1452486903058.jpg

feeding seagulls while on a ferry
WDPhotos_1452488242442.jpg

WDPhotos_1452487227996.jpg

and this one i was trying out the Miniature effect while the hot air balloon was descending
WDPhotos_1452487010297.jpg