a7 series + LAEA4 + SAL35mm DT

tsan81

Jun 17, 2005
east
Visit site
Zeiss 35mm could break many people's piggy bank.
Have anyone tried the above combination and with full frame enabled? I.e without automatic crop mode.

I have laea4 and its good adaptor can mount all minolta and sony AF lenses. If you using crop lenses then youll have cropped image also.

If you set your cam to auto crop when mounted crop lens then yes else you need to manually enable it

Just to add why get SAL35 where you can get Minolta or Sony 50mm?

Last edited:
I already have 35mm DT. Wanted to find out if it's possible to turn off cropped mode on a7 series with LAEA4 and DT lenses. I think it is possible for 3rd party lenses. But how about DT lenses?

Currently able to mount 35mmDT on A850|A900 with acceptable vignetting, but not able to turn off cropped mode.

I already have 35mm DT. Wanted to find out if it's possible to turn off cropped mode on a7 series with LAEA4 and DT lenses. I think it is possible for 3rd party lenses. But how about DT lenses? Currently able to mount 35mmDT on A850|A900 with acceptable vignetting, but not able to turn off cropped mode.

On my A7r the APSC Size capture can choose on auto and off even with my laea4 attached sorry i dont have DT lens

you're gonna get vignettting if u use e SAL35F18 DT.

Updates. Tested that's its working with acceptable vignetting. Can always crop the pics to 4/3 ratio to get rid of the dark corners.
The plastic fantastic is rather sharp at the center. The setup is light and cheap. (300$ for LA EA4 and 200$ for SAL35f1.8DT, both resale).
Zeiss 35 is going to be heavier and costly.

Updates. Tested that's its working with acceptable vignetting. Can always crop the pics to 4/3 ratio to get rid of the dark corners.
The plastic fantastic is rather sharp at the center. The setup is light and cheap. (300$ for LA EA4 and 200$ for SAL35f1.8DT, both resale).

it will sort of be ok and acceptable vignetting at close focusing distances. when you focus to further away or infinity, that's where the vignette will become more obvious.

Sony has one of the best track records when it comes to basic lenses with awesome sharpness. cost/performance ratio is pretty good.

but mainly limited to most of the lenses inherited from Minolta.