A55 or A580?

for me, 10 fps is too much. Video ? will prefer to separate video from photo, video is quite taxing on the sensor... :sweat:

i may end up getting a FF body instead

A580 is 7fps right? i think 7fps may just be enough..

Heh for me 3fps is enough , cos don't shoot sports :)

Time has changed, open up your mind. :)

for me, 10 fps is too much. Video ? will prefer to separate video from photo, video is quite taxing on the sensor... :sweat:

i may end up getting a FF body instead

Heh for me 3fps is enough , cos don't shoot sports :)

haha, 1 is enough for me. never used the continous mode on my cameras before, just like shutter pirority mode.:bsmilie:

isn't there "high ISO bracket" shots for noise reducing on A33/55? is it on A580?
guess 10fps does more than "sport" photo shooting...
also without "flipping" the mirror, less disturb to shuttle, right?
is less vibrate when shoot if u know what i mean...

Last edited:
Hi, In most high-end DSLRS, there are passive contrast-detect and phase-detect in the AF array sensors system for action and still images. However, there is no mention of passive contrast-detect sensor system in the 15-point AF system of A55. If so, AF would be fast and accurate in
difficult lighting conditions.

Hi, In most high-end DSLRS, there are passive contrast-detect and phase-detect in the AF array sensors system for action and still images. However, there is no mention of passive contrast-detect sensor system in the 15-point AF system of A55. If so, AF would be fast and accurate in
difficult lighting conditions.

Sony's AF has ALWAYS been fast and accurate and always used phase-detect AF, unlike the slow-as-mud contrast detect Canon and Nikon use in Liveview mode. Every review out there has praised Sony's AF for it's speed and accuracy, especially in difficult lighting conditions.

So I'm not sure what your issue is, Sony was already excellent in AF and now they're getting better. :dunno:

Hi, No issue, except that if sony uses both AF systems, ie passive phase and contrast detect together in the AF sensors array, it would improve AF than using just the phase detect system alone. If one system fails, the other backups and continues the process.

Last edited:
Hi, No issue, except that if sony uses both AF systems, ie passive phase and contrast detect together in the AF sensors array, it would improve AF than using just the phase detect system alone. If one system fails, the other backups and continues the process.

A33/A55 not high end DSLR. u said ut ursell, high-end DSLR has...

haha..like i said, sony's DSLR has always been compared to high end DSLR.. a33/a55 cost less than 1k.. anyway, why i chose alpha as my first DSLR mainly is because of its fast AF. :D

haha..like i said, sony's DSLR has always been compared to high end DSLR.. a33/a55 cost less than 1k.. anyway, why i chose alpha as my first DSLR mainly is because of its fast AF. :D
yeah the AF is so fast its sick....

yeah the AF is so fast its sick....

Yup ! ...But I love it most because I can open and use BOTH eyes when composing the frame (live view) instead of alway having to ;) ...until one eye big, one eye small ! :bsmilie:

When is the release date for the A55?

...soon ! :bsmilie:

before the start of October? it would be worth the wait.

what about A560/580 arh

...soon also ! :sweatsm::sweatsm::sweatsm::sweat:

Probably many might have misconceptions that a580 does better in high iso since it does not lose 30% light as compared to a55. I would think they will perform the same at the same iso since they use the same sensor and processor. The only diff is u will lose 1/3 of the shutter speed for the same aperture and iso. So its no big deal, just crank up the ev+0.3 will solve the difference since their iso performance is so great till 6400 anyway. For me sure its a55 for its world first and fastest af video, valuable for kids videos.

As was mentioned earlier that 30% light goes to EVF while 70% goes to the Image sensor only.

Would that mean that we have to maintain a default EV +0.3 for all our shooting at ALL the time for the A33/55 models ?

Because the image sensor is always receiving lesser light than there is, I think this is a disadvantage.
The picture to be taken will always require a slower shutter spend, higher ISO or larger aperture. Correct ?

:confused::confused::confused:

There is no need to compensate for it. The camera will calculate the correct exposure based on it's metering. Technically at same ISO and aperture for the same scene, the SLT camera will have a slower shutter speed compare to normal DSLR, however someone has done a short test and found the SLT has the same shutter speed.

Best is go to SONY Style shop and try it out on your own. Got different cam to test as well.

As was mentioned earlier that 30% light goes to EVF while 70% goes to the Image sensor only.

Would that mean that we have to maintain a default EV +0.3 for all our shooting at ALL the time for the A33/55 models ?

Because the image sensor is always receiving lesser light than there is, I think this is a disadvantage.
The picture to be taken will always require a slower shutter spend, higher ISO or larger aperture. Correct ?

:confused::confused::confused: