Update of Olympus situation in Singapore

Pitachu

Sep 18, 2019
Just received the following Email from Olympus.

Like all Olympus fans, I must say I am a little sad.
However, I am glad that they have made arrangements for sales and service support
and for Club Olympus to continue. I really enjoy the workshops and do hope they
will be continue too :

Good. The old location Alexandra Technopark is not convenient. SLSq is located next to Rochor MRT.
It is Oly way of disconnecting. Telling from now on please look for this Master D Imaging subcontractor of OM Digital Solutions. Not Oly problem anymore.

The new outfit is a small shop. Its size is probably less than 10% of the previous Olympus showroom/service centre at Alexandra Technopark.
A dramatic downgrade. Also a portentous omen of things to come for this "brand" as far as cameras/lenses go.

Completely within expectations after 24 Jun 2020. Part and parcel of the rise and fall of companies.

And if later OM Digital Solutions CMI, then the subcontractor arrangement with its Singapore unit will end.
By that time, Oly will shrug its shoulders and claim quite correctly, that it has it has no comment since this issue got nothing to do with Oly.

It is diagonally opposite Sim Lim Tower and is facing Rochor Canal Road.
The shop lot is on the exterior of Sim Lim Square, next to a KTV and the shop next to the KTV is a Thai Boat Noodle restaurant.
Currently the shop lot signboard says:

Canon
[REC]
by Alan Photo
SONY
.........................................01-08

Guess the renovation contractors will move in and do the necessary changes to the signboard.

Last edited:
On the bright side, this is probably the best arrangement Olympus or JPI can come out to support its existing customers.
What happens in the future will depend on whether future sales can support even this small support center.

In the near future, I am still excited at the soon to be released 150-400mm lenses for birding and wildlife
once traveling reopens :)