Time lapse controller

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
There is an time lapse controller which do 3 photos per second. But my pov, 5 mins using it already "kills" the sequence which you need as you got 900 photos!

I then check on my rx10 mk4, lowest continuous is at 3.5fps. I attach a normal timer n lock it, the camera still take at that speed till i released the lock.

Theory wise, same as that expensive timer. This type of time lapse only good on moving vehicles, esp the night time if your low light setting is solid.

Thought 1 frame per second is recommended for night time moving vehicles.

3 frames if you can. Try it, I might try it soon. But my a7r cmi, maybe no such option. Btw, after testing my a7r, I might be only at 1fps on rx10? Maybe I get a shutter release pin n might get the 3.5 fps, will update once tested out

Last evening, I went to orchard road to do time lapse but ended up due to interference from other source, my Edelkrone device failed to work. But I still brought along the RX10mk4 for what I been planned to do so. Description is at the video, do it if you willing to let your DSLR snap till crazy, haha! Btw, I think still will work on DSLR if we lock the remote and let it run. Buffer is the main issue, best if you can have fast card too. If possible, get a fast lens, you can get higher shutter speed and cleaner photo if ISO is good.

Low FPS time lapse