Selling of equipments in UW Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

teerex

Mar 10, 2003
Singapore
As stipulated in the Guidelines Sticky that posting of selling of equipments are not allowed in this discussion forum.

It has come that some members are still trying to pull a fast one by posting their sales here hoping to escape the eyes of the 4 Moderators.

Members are reminded to post their sales in the appropriate Buy/Sell Forums.

As of now any more postings of sales will be deleted without notice and infraction points will be issued.

teerex

More and more members are trying to put up posts to sell their unwanted equipments in the Discussion Forum.

Any Buy/Sell, do them in the appropriate forums.

My patience have been tested long enough. As of today the next member to post such personal Buy & Sell in the Discussion Forum will receive infraction points without notice.

Repeat of such acts will result in de-registration.

Last edited:
I understand that sometimes it is difficult to find what you want in the Buy/Sell Forums.

I have tried to ask Admin to have a dedicated Buy/Sell Forum for UW equipments. But it seems that resources are limited and not feasible to have a separate Buy/Sell at this point in time.

So to make things easier for you guys to sell your UW equipments.
You may start a thread of your intent to Sell in the Discussion Forum with a link to your Sell thread in CS Buy & Sell Forums (not external links).

Then close the the thread in the Discussion Forum and keep any Buy/Sell updates in your Buy & Sell thread. This will help minimise the Sell thread in Discussion Forum getting too long.

Upon successful sale or when thread is no more required, delete it from the Discussion Forum.

I will be monitoring this. Anyone who starts a Sell thread with link and does not close it. The thread will be deleted, any re-post of the same articles for sale will also be deleted.

Note:- Although thread is closed,members will still be able to see it and follow your link to the appropriate Buy/Sell Forum.

Last edited:
Looks like there are still some who post Buy/Sell or even renting of equipments in the Discussion Forums.

I have just issued infraction points to a member who posted a thread selling UW equipment for his friend and not closing the thread as required.

I am not going to keep tracking this and keep closing threads. Next one will have the thread deleted.

Update Of Buy/Sell thread in this Section

It has been 3+ years since there is any update regarding posting of WTB/WTS thread in the Underwater Photography section... Since I more or less took over this section, every once in a while we have problem regarding how and when a WTB or WTS thread could be posted... even some of the other Mods and/or Admin had problem remembering... Therefore, this is a reminder for all those posting WTB/WTS Threads here... please follow strictly or risk your thread being deleted...

1) Create a WTB or WTS thread in the Personal Classifieds section. If you are selling/buying an item from Canon, do it at the Canon Section... Nikon, at Nikon Section... Olympus, at Olympus Section... so on and so fro. If the Item for example, an Ikelite/Inon/Sea & Sea Strobe... Post Thread at Buy/Sell: Photography Accessories.

2) Create those WTB/WTS thread as you normally would... Then copy the URL link by copying the url address at the top of your internet browser.

3) Come to the U/W section and create a new thread. Fill in the Title, a short description of what you're Selling or Buying, Paste the URL Address on the thread. And after you've finish... CLOSE the thread. Failure to Close your thread risk having it deleted... or if I'm in a good mood, would help you to do so.

*** Example ***​

Title: WTS Ikelite Casing for Canon G10

Hi... selling a good condition, Ikelite Casing for Canon G10.

Please click on link - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/example example example

Thread Closed

*** Example ***​

Failure to follow the above form of Posting WTB/WTS thread in this section will risk your thread being deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.