S3pro-can it out-shine D2H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuva

Mar 3, 2005
Although S3pro has only 2.5fps as compared to D2H and other mid-range DSLR, but what other potential does S3pro has as compared to other higher end DSLR. Thanks in advance folks

I would say that apart from the jump in MP count, and its terribly good reproduction of colour saturation (similar to its film), the primary difference is the buffer and speed in comparison to the D2h, with the latter primarily designed for fast pj work.

Also, i don't think the D2h is a mid level dslr... it's designed mainly for rough abuse and use, with a rapid turnaround time in picture transmission through various means. It's also built somewhat like a tank, just like the Fseries of the film cameras.

Other differences are basically obvious, the built and seals, etc etc with the d2h trumping over the S2/3 anytime in my opinion.

I would say what other potential that the D2H has other than its 8FPS that can challenge the S3 Pro?

Do not rate too too highly Nikon when Fujifilm has a longer history in capturing images.

theITguy said:
I would say what other potential that the D2H has other than its 8FPS that can challenge the S3 Pro?

Do not rate too too highly Nikon when Fujifilm has a longer history in capturing images.

Although i'm a Huge fan of Fuji's ccd technology, i wouldn't DARE bring my S1,2,3 out to where i work, ie: extended field shots, etc etc, where the body will be subjected to rain/shine/humidity/extreme temperatures etc.

Understandably, yes... fuji's images are far more vibrant than the LBcast of the d2h, and that i totally agree...

And this would once again, bring us back to the same old qn: What are YOU going to use your slr for?

for me,
1. Tan jiak events like coverage and extended field work for the network: DXX

2. Weddings and and urban ceremonies, graduations, or whatever that requires full detail and vibrancy of colour, Fuji.

The company i'm with issued S2s for the first 6 months of its production, but recalled them due to durability and servicing issues. (cost?) I'm sad that they did this as i still love my s2, and the s3 my elder son's using.

On a side note, pls don't let this degenerate to a Fuji VS nikon thing again.. :nono:

F5user said:
1. Tan jiak events like coverage and extended field work for the network: DXX

...Weddings and and urban ceremonies, graduations, or whatever that requires full detail and vibrancy of colour, Fuji.

On a side note, pls don't let this degenerate to a Fuji VS nikon thing again.. :nono:

Yes. Totally agree that both cameras are strong in their own ways and can't be compared in my opinion.

D2h and Fuji S3 is 2 different camera and for different purposes....

MP count or not... Speed or not.. compare also pointless.. because its comparing duck head and chicken backside...

and FYI, D2h is not a mid-range DSLR. piang eh... new one cost $5k u tell me its a mid-range dslr ? u better go do homework la.....

Fuji S3 is mainly used for detail work, while 2H is mainly used for sports and photojournalism.

but in terms of bulit and etc etc etc, and not to put the MP count in, D2h will win both S2 and S3. who says low MP cannot produce stunning images...

Apart from the sensor, it frankly loses out in every other aspect to D2H.

espn said:

colour reproduction considered part of sensor la rite ?

D2H and S3pro? Its like comparing a Subaru Rex with a Subaru Imprezza.

Perhaps its better to compare D100 with S3pro instead. :dunno:

icarus said:
D2H and S3pro? Its like comparing a Subaru Rex with a Subaru Imprezza.

Perhaps its better to compare D100 with S3pro instead. :dunno:

D100 techs too old for comparsion, maybe u compare with something of a similar level camera.... D1h ? or D1 ?

this thread starter also very funni leh... u haf a WTB thread on D2h and now ask compare 2H to S3 ???? if we say S3 better, will he go get the S3 ?

espn said:
true. but that's the selling point of the S1/S2/S3Pro... the super CCD. I believe the main bulk of costs goes to the development and production of it.

i agree with F5user. The D2H and S3Pros outshine in their own areas. We can't compare blindly who's better becos of the built. It's simliar to buying a cheap under 1k underwater cam and comparing it to the best DSLR. The SLR loses because it cannot go under water? :dunno: and what? no LCD preview or Movie mode? :angry: :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
this thread starter also very funni leh... u haf a WTB thread on D2h and now ask compare 2H to S3 ???? if we say S3 better, will he go get the S3 ?

C'mon, he is just trying to find out more before splashing out 3-4k on a body right? :)

glennyong said:
hey relax.. did he offend you or something? it's a healthy discussion about technologies. Not a support nikon/fuji flame war. Let's not get too blinded by the brands ok?

glennyong said:
D100 techs too old for comparsion, maybe u compare with something of a similar level camera.... D1h ? or D1 ?
Old meh? How different is the S3 from D100? I don't see much difference apart from built in grip + Fuji sensor vs Sony CCD.

actually, i'm lost at how to classify a body as a pro-body?

1 more added advantage of S3.. not that we need it often..
live lcd preview :D (had it's limitations though)

anyway the S3 pro is a modified nikon body. Forgot from which film model.

IMHO, im not sure if there is even a comparison for the S3 and D2H, D2H is built for sports and action protography in mind. very hard to beat that except for D2X's cropped feature. S3 on the other hand works well on landscape and controlled environment (e.g. studio). :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.