Pulau Tekong-True Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno what kind of cobra in tekng, but ever encounter once while training..

it was an outfield training where you had to do outdoor obstacles.. since i was att b, i was in the clean up detail.. one of my att b pltn mate was clearing up the area where there were 2 towers, and btween was some mattress to cushion the fall.. he went to the sgt and told him he saw a black snake.. the sgt saw the snake to be about 30 cm only, told the guy to pass him the rifle, with the intent to stomp the head with the rifle butt..

another guy, decided the lift up the mattress just as the sgt lifted the rifle butt... the sgt got a shock as the rest of the snake was under the mattress and it decided to go to attack mode, opening its hood..

i was about 2 mtr behnd the snake... estimate the cobra to be abt 1.2 - 1.5 m long..

another thing , the spiders in tekong very big leh.. one platoon mate kena bitten by spider at night during outfield training , the bite mark was almost 2 cm apart.. and he confirm it was spider as he swiped it off after being bitten and stomped on it...

yup... chief trainer i believe ( i dont really deal with him... i'm the unit armourer) .. heard henta kaki because he did something when he was MTO in 3 SADA... according to my manager, who used to be from 3 SADA, he says the story is true

if i can recall ...

CO - MJR Yap Pik Hwee
S4 - CPT Satwinderjit Singh/CPT Bu Teck Siang (colleague's bro in law)
S3 - CPT Brandon (i tink DY S3)
S2 - LTA Sean Koh
S1 - LTA Sim..

then have , MSG Leelee, SSG Douglas, SSG Ramani.. 1WO Barry..

I was attached to the brigade/bn commander once.. for his FPDA presentation .. OT for 2 weeks to get the presentation done...

dunno what kind of cobra in tekng, but ever encounter once while training..

it was an outfield training where you had to do outdoor obstacles.. since i was att b, i was in the clean up detail.. one of my att b pltn mate was clearing up the area where there were 2 towers, and btween was some mattress to cushion the fall.. he went to the sgt and told him he saw a black snake.. the sgt saw the snake to be about 30 cm only, told the guy to pass him the rifle, with the intent to stomp the head with the rifle butt..

another guy, decided the lift up the mattress just as the sgt lifted the rifle butt... the sgt got a shock as the rest of the snake was under the mattress and it decided to go to attack mode, opening its hood..

i was about 2 mtr behnd the snake... estimate the cobra to be abt 1.2 - 1.5 m long..

another thing , the spiders in tekong very big leh.. one platoon mate kena bitten by spider at night during outfield training , the bite mark was almost 2 cm apart.. and he confirm it was spider as he swiped it off after being bitten and stomped on it...

has anyone encounter wild boars in tekong ? we were having field camp.. and this wild boar walked pass our tent. :sweat:

try a wild boar sitting in the middle of a path eating and i had to bring my recruits for a detour so that we we dun disturb the wildboar

has anyone encounter wild boars in tekong ? we were having field camp.. and this wild boar walked pass our tent. :sweat:
have.. someone turned out the whole company by screaming/shouting one night (think its the same outfield training as the medical center incident.. claimed someting was rustling in the trees unnaturally... then PC shone torch light... saw a baby boars bum....

trying going thru the grenade course where we had to leopard crawl thru/past boar droppings.. whole place stinks!!

cschoy : u from AQ/SADA?

Yeah....

we even blamed the wild boards for one of the miss-fire incident.. :bsmilie:

Have anyone of you experienced seeing the lady wearing white on the old, wooden jetty in Tekong during guard duty?

I have, this is what happend to me during my short stint during BMT.

One fine night, during my first guard duty, was posted as sentry, supposed to prowl only the jetty area. I thought to myself, Shoik la! No need to walk so bloody far. Little did i know, my ordeal would have only just begun.

I started prowling the newer jetty area first and then proceded to move over to the older wooden one when I noticed that at the end of the wooden Jetty was a woman in white, I mean come on! This is TEKONG, middle of the night, got girl, in white??! I naturally freaked out and called my guard com, He came out of the office, f*@ked me upside down for disturbing him with nonsense and being a useless scardy cat. - But I noticed that he only looked in the direction of the Jetty, he didn't move to closer to investigate.

The whole damn night, I kept seeing the Lady in white when ever i approached the old jetty, and as I was supposed to walk to the end of the jetty and back, I decided, I'll just stop short of the wooden jetty, just stand at the concrete walkway, good enough, I can see till the end.

Have to live with seeing her all night.

Nearing the end of my duty, I guess I was sleepy and forgot to stop at the concrete marker, the moment I stepped onto the wooden platform, SHE turned and walked towards me.

I swear I nearly pissed my pants....I took a step backwards and she seemed to relax.

I told the next fella who was taking over my shift to watch the jetty, it's not clean.

An hour or so later, guard duty ended and the Encik came to debrief us.

My guard Com chose at this momen to sabo me, by saying, I was a slacker, whole night never walk the full length of the old jetty.

My encik of course went full bellow into a long line of hokkien vulgarities. In the end he stopped to ask me why. And i told him, I saw a lady in white.

WAH! He looked liek he wanted to kill me for saying something so dumb. He said then, COME!
Follow me I want to see this Lady of yours! As we walked towards the old jetty, I thought to myself, come on la, the whole night I saw her there, I better not go any further.

True enough, as my encik crossed the concrete platform and moved towards the end of the wooden jetty, the center portion gave way and he fell partway into the sea.

Evidently, the wooden platform had rotted and was too weak to hold the weight of a person,
Can you imagine, me around 90kg, plus my SBO, helmet and rifle walking there? I would have fallen through and most likely drowned!

Have anyone of you experienced seeing the lady wearing white on the old, wooden jetty in Tekong during guard duty?

One fine night, during my first guard duty, was posted as sentry, supposed to prowl only the jetty area. I thought to myself, Shoik la! No need to walk so bloody far. Little did i know, my ordeal would have only just begun.

I started prowling the newer jetty area first and then proceded to move over to the older wooden one when I noticed that at the end of the wooden Jetty was a woman in white, I mean come on! This is TEKONG, middle of the night, got girl, in white??! I naturally freaked out and called my guard com, He came out of the office, f*@ked me upside down for disturbing him with nonsense and being a useless scardy cat. - But I noticed that he only looked in the direction of the Jetty, he didn't move to closer to investigate.

The whole damn night, I kept seeing the Lady in white when ever i approached the old jetty, and as I was supposed to walk to the end of the jetty and back, I decided, I'll just stop short of the wooden jetty, just stand at the concrete walkway, good enough, I can see till the end.

Nearing the end of my duty, I guess I was sleepy and forgot to stop at the concrete marker, the moment I stepped onto the wooden platform, SHE turned and walked towards me.

I swear I nearly pissed my pants....I took a step backwards and she seemed to relax.

I told the next fella who was taking over my shift to watch the jetty, it's not clean.

My guard Com chose at this momen to sabo me, by saying, I was a slacker, whole night never walk the full length of the old jetty.

My encik of course went full bellow into a long line of hokkien vulgarities. In the end he stopped to ask me why. And i told him, I saw a lady in white.

WAH! He looked liek he wanted to kill me for saying something so dumb. He said then, COME!
Follow me I want to see this Lady of yours! As we walked towards the old jetty, I thought to myself, come on la, the whole night I saw her there, I better not go any further.

True enough, as my encik crossed the concrete platform and moved towards the end of the wooden jetty, the center portion gave way and he fell partway into the sea.

Evidently, the wooden platform had rotted and was too weak to hold the weight of a person,
Can you imagine, me around 90kg, plus my SBO, helmet and rifle walking there? I would have fallen through and most likely drowned!

Seems apparently the "lady" saved your life.;p As you said, once you step onto the jetty, she turned and come towards you and when you step back, she is relax. Looks more like trying to scare you so you would not proceed onto the rotten jetty than to trying to harm you. But then also, what about your other counterparts. Did they all skip walking onto the jetty?

from what i remembered sentry duty just walk at the jetty where the fastcraft are docked only no need to go to the wooden jetty... you must be one of the earlier batches... good thing the lady saved ur life... your story proves not all ghosts are bad they maybe there to protect you...:bsmilie:

i had been to the wooden jetty, even went up to mark my positions and placed cylam sticks for night training.:sweat: there were a lot of shells below the jetty.

dun revive old memories.......

there's a lady in Old Foxtrot avenue too but too wispy like to tell whether its mist but definitely its the shape of a lady......

not kidding......till today, will try to "not think about it" until u all mentioned this.....

:sweat:

IMO the lady appear just to save you, if there is nothing she will not appear :sweat: Lucky you, you should have give her some offering after that, burning $$$ etc

I realise that as well, the rest of the sentries that night for some strange reason also kept away from the wooden jetty. The Encik was the only 'suay' one.

It was actually a rather surreal encounter for me. But I'm glad that it was like that, wasn't unpleasant or anything.

Btw, so many stories from Tekong, I'm from Charlie Coy, but at school 2;p

Lots of stories we hear everyday, the little girl and old lady.......my buddy saw them when he went to pee in the middle of the night, which was the first I heard of that incident.

All this talk has stirred up my interest in the occult again, who wanna do a 'spooky' walk ala SPI?

In my guard dutys from 2002-2003, I've never encounter or see any supernatural spirits, not to say I don't believe in them.

Usually, the guard comd supposed to check the two check points at the two canteens on top of the cookhouse (not sure if most GC do that). And during these spotchecks, the GC is "prowling" alone. I must admit that one could get abit frightened while walking through the calmingly cool BMTC compound alone. I was perhaps lucky not to encounter any "thing" =)

Status
Not open for further replies.