Photos We Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

rty

Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore
The truth is we love some of your photos! Some of them are so good, we feel like to jump out from our chairs and give you a standing ovation right away on the spot. Inevitably, with the volume and rate of the postings here, those good photos sometime get buried fast and it really pains us to see such great photos being passed over unnoticed by many.

We hope by creating this sticky thread, your photos that we love will no longer go unnoticed. This sticky thread is created to let you know our appreciation of your good work and to encourage you to take more good photos and share with us. It is also meant to replace the old sticky thread called “Post your best shots here” in which you select and judge your own work.

By the way, we make no claim that elements of subjectivity will not be there in our selection. Photography is an art. How can one eliminate subjectivity in arts? We simply can’t, can we? So, let’s not get too worked up if your photos don’t get selected.

To prevent OT comments, this thread will remain locked.

My standing ovation for this week:

Sassy Saucy by Silver.wolf

DSC_7378.jpg

I love the happy expression of the pretty model, also the narrow depth of field effect and of course, the composition.

Last edited:
The 2nd shot i would like to share would be this killer of a shot. Simple, understated, and yet having enough visual impact to make one sit up and take a second admiring glance...

5552489-md.jpg

Great Shot Noelleong. :) I would consider this one of the better shots I have seen on CS. Do continue to shoot and share with us so that we too are able to learn and have something to aspire towards. :)

I love the intimacy of this shot. Simple, with a softness that is almost too delicate yet with a certain degree of sensuality that keeps the viewer enthralled and captivated...

yun31.jpg

"Mattlock" Thank you for sharing this shot with us. :)

There is a sense of honesty in which the subject gazes ever so intently. The main strength of these shots lies in the fact that it is a series and therein lies its attraction. The simplicity of the picture is nicely contrasted against the chaos of the wind, represented by the hair of the subject.

I am the Wind.

jingna06.jpg

jingna07.jpg

jingna08.jpg

Bravo "Zemotion". :)

I've always had a soft spot for shots with flare or with a touch of softness caused by strong back light and this one to me, takes the cake.

51783386.jpg

"TMC", where-ever you may be, do keep shooting. ;)

The catchlight says it all... The beautiful and simple smile of a child is still a wonder to behold.

50588731.jpg

Thank you for sharing this with us "Will03". :)

This week the following photos melt my heart.

Playing with light & shadow by D70shooter.

403521883_9c30aa7815_o.jpg

One might says that this seemingly depicts a girl who is trying to avoid birds’ dropping, nevertheless, the photo does melt my heart. Overall attractiveness, I think lies in the good use of the best light source (i.e. natural light which is so rich in color spectrums), coupled with clean background that blends nicely with the costume, and of course, the cute pose by such a cute looking model.

Cran... canadian beauty... by Octane69

Adrian-Test-123.jpg

Normally, I try to avoid falling in love with expensive looking photos which only photographers with deep pocket can afford to create, but this one is exceptionally good that I can’t help but fall in love instantly.

It’s the neat looking model, clean undistracting background, and the dreamy effect purposely created with a slightly over-exposed combination of settings.

This is no doubt the kind of shot that we see appear in fashion magazine pages and I won’t be surprised if it actually is meant for magazine submission.

It’s good to see such high quality works being shared at Clubsnap. Good job and … thank you.

Hi Octane69, I must say that your shots of late are really impressing the socks off alot of people and I would like you to know that you should continue to shoot and aspire for greater heights.

wCadil-092.jpg

I reckon this shot more than deserve to be in this thread. :)

Kit by Splutter

02.jpg

It’s simple studio shot but captivating. It shows that you don’t need expensive studio lighting set to make captivating photos. As Splutter mentioned, he used only a $45 setup yet the result is not bad at all.

Cool looking model as well!

Barbara by Will03

76220490.jpg

Good composition, good lighting, and good contrast setting. :heart:

This particular shot by Afiend caught my eye. Strong back-light, when used properly can do so much for a picture and I reckon this one came out nicely. :)

darkattractionii04.jpg

Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

Ecclesiasm has shared with us his series of shots while exploring little India and this particular one caught my eye. The simplicity and the warmth of the subject's smile in the foreground makes it pleasant to look at while the intensity of the gaze by the subject in the background lends a nice balance to it. :)

portrait5.jpg

Keep shooting mate. :)

DrunkSlam shared this picture which i love. There is this feeling of dis-enchantment and a sense of isolation from the surrounding that i find very disconcerting yet very engaging. The way the tables leads up to the subject also gives it that something extra.

Chanal20Edit206.jpg

Well done mate. :)

Keep shooting. :)

Dear Huanmin,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture of this young boy. It speaks of hope, innocence and a smile that is so much more intimate than a lot of photos that have been shared.

IMG_4227.jpg

Thank you. :)

ana v by Will03

77545422.jpg

The use of wide angle lens seems to be very agreeable for this enviromental portrait. It is interesting to have those four long wooden planks become converging lines that lead our eyes to the subject. The lighting is superb and the photographer successfully blended the subject with the surrounding environment very well.

Allure by silver.wolf

DSC_0370.jpg

This portrait maybe categorized as a "text book" clean and safe, nevertheless, it still wins my heart. I love the composition, the color, the pose, unobstrusive background... They are simple and nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.