nikon_4.jpg

nikon_6.jpg

nikon_7.jpg

Lenses and F-Mount to Z-Mount AF Adapter

nikon_8.jpg

nikon_15.jpg

nikon_16.jpg

nikon_17.jpg

Looks gd. Want to see how this will differentiate against the D850.

I hoping that F-Mount to Z-Mount AF Adapter is really good to give similar AF capability and performance as native Z-mount.

I hoping that F-Mount to Z-Mount AF Adapter is really good to give similar AF capability and performance as native Z-mount.

Me too.
I am also hoping the F-mount to Z-mount adapter is compatible with AF-D as well as AF-S lenses.

any details on sealing and ibis??

No update on the water sealing on Z6 and Z7 yet. It would be better than A7r III which the manufacturer has 5 years experience on building full frame mirrorless camera and claims that the camera has a weather seal. However, A7r III still suffers from water seepage.

Z6 and Z7 have 5-axis image stabilization.
Image is courtesy of Nikonrumors.com

Nikon-Z7-IBIS-550x420.png

If using existing F-mount lens, I wonder if it is necessary to turn off the VR on the lens itself.

any details on sealing and ibis??

Latest update, the magnesium alloy body is fully weather-sealed to the same level as the D850.

If using existing F-mount lens, I wonder if it is necessary to turn off the VR on the lens itself.

It is not necessary to turn off the VR on the lens itself. You should turn it on instead.

Take note that:-
1. Using native Z-mount lens --> 5 axis stabilization
2. Using F-mount lens with VR on the lens + FTZ adapter --> 5 axis stabilization
3. Using F-mout lens without VR on the lens + FTZ adapter --> 3 axis stabilization

5 axis stabilization meaning the system can reduce shake by up to 5 stops.

The NIKKOR Z Lens Roadmap

pic_180823_03_08.jpg

Good news that they have the lens trinity on the Z lens roadmap:
24-70 f/2.8
70-200 f/2.8
14-24 f/2.8

Good news that they have the lens trinity on the Z lens roadmap:
24-70 f/2.8
70-200 f/2.8
14-24 f/2.8

Wow...let's hope the lens is more affordable than Sony.

I was very impressed by the Sony's 5-axis stabilisation and I even got a A7iii delivered to my place.
But I sold it because of the limited and expensive lens.

The storm is now on "slot-gate". Plus Photonstophotos measurements show that it has worse read noise performance than the Sony.

The storm is now on "slot-gate". Plus Photonstophotos measurements show that it has worse read noise performance than the Sony.

Is it ? Refer to the chart from Photonstophotos, you can see that the noise measurement from Nikon Z7 is equal to Nikon D850 !

Photonstophotos%20Z7_zpssfk14twy.jpg