Need some help with Japan Itinerary

Thanks,

1 more question. for the fish market, after 9am, alot of the cutting etc are done I suppose. If I were to travel from Shibuya to Tsukiji early in the morning, my guess is that Taxi would be the most feasible mode of transport. In that case, does anyone know how much I should expect the cab fare to be? Just a rough estimate would be nice

If I were to travel from Shibuya to Tsukiji early in the morning, my guess is that Taxi would be the most feasible mode of transport. In that case, does anyone know how much I should expect the cab fare to be? Just a rough estimate would be nice

Out of curiosity I did a search on google map and calculated the taxi fare. It works out to be almost Yen3000 for the 10km journey. Personally I would use the subway. There are 2 stations very near Tsukiji market and trains start at 6-ish in the morning (maybe even earlier).

If I were to take the train there, I would only be allowed into the Tuna area after 9, by that time, will I still get to see people shipping tunas/cutting tunas etc?

If I were to take the train there, I would only be allowed into the Tuna area after 9, by that time, will I still get to see people shipping tunas/cutting tunas etc?

some info from http://www.tsukiji-market.or.jp/youkoso/24hour_e/24hours.htm

"In conjunction with the recent boom in the popularity of Tsukiji the number of tourists, including foreign visitors, paying a visit to the market is increasing. Experiencing the vibrant Tsukiji market presents a great opportunity for learning about the functions of the central wholesale market and the current perishables distribution system, but the both the wholesaling and reselling areas are busy places during the early morning hours.
Various problems have arisen in association with the increased number of tourists (including sanitation management problems such as temperature control issues caused by the entry and exit of large numbers of unauthorized persons, and problems with visitors impeding the auction and other trading activities), especially at the early morning auction held in the tuna wholesale area. For these reasons, tourists are currently not allowed to enter the tuna wholesaling areas.
To prevent any impediment to trading activities and to ensure food safety, these areas are closed to visitors and entering them in the early morning hours is not allowed.
Since the market is very busy with trucks, forklifts, and small vehicles moving about, guests are asked to be especially careful and vigilant when they visit.
Public guided-tours of Tsukiji Market are only available for groups of students (elementary school, junior and senior high school) and reservations may be made from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. There are no public tours for other visitors or in other time periods. "

Last edited: