My Taiwan trip in IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
Hi All,

Attempted to shoot IR in my recent Taiwan trip, C&C welcome!

#1 - Taichung HSR (High Speed Rail) station

DSC_2094-IR.jpg

#2 - Highway near Taichung HSR station

DSC_2096-IR.jpg

#3 - Inside Taichung HSR station

DSC_2097-IR.jpg

#4 - Another side of the Taichung HSR station

DSC_2099-IR.jpg

#5 - 日月坛 (SunMoon Lake) 01

DSC_2241-IR.jpg

#6 - Roadside @ 日月坛 (SunMoon Lake)

DSC_2270-IR.jpg

#7 - Cruise @ 日月坛 (SunMoon Lake)

DSC_2377-IR.jpg

#8 - Taken at end of a walking trail @ 日月坛 (SunMoon Lake)

DSC_2383-IR.jpg

#9 - SunMoon Lake panoramic view

SunMoonLake2007_IR.jpg

Hmmm...is it really that bad that not worth any comment at all? :(:dunno::dunno:

i like #5 best :) #4 and #9 have a greenish blue cast which doesnt work for me, otherwise, #9 is nice too.

First time I only saw the airport shot leh.
I like the pano, very nice PP, maybe a little brighter is better but watch your horizon seems like you are getting too close to Teerex liow.:bsmilie:

Bro, mostly under exposed leh! Increase ev compensation when shooting and in PP add a S curve to give depth.

#3 - good use of the over exposure in the pic to creat as yellow light coming in from the glass panels.

i like #5 best :) #4 and #9 have a greenish blue cast which doesnt work for me, otherwise, #9 is nice too.

Thanks! Finally you are the first one to comment. :)

Will try to improve more...

First time I only saw the airport shot leh.
I like the pano, very nice PP, maybe a little brighter is better but watch your horizon seems like you are getting too close to Teerex liow.:bsmilie:

Airport shot? You mean the HSR shot is it? It is a High Speed Rail (Train) station lar...

I know most of the shot seems a little under-expose, actually is the level that I brought down during PP...should stick to what it is next time...

The pana shot is not using the "tilted photography" technique lar, may be my pana skill still not good enough...in fact, there are 2 more photos that I intended to add into this pana photo to make it even wider, but not successful...exposure different, cannot match... :(

I like this pano pic... agreed with Dennis. Brighter and adjust the horizon. :bsmilie:

Cheers!

Noted...will try to re-do the PP and post later to seek comment...

Bro, mostly under exposed leh! Increase ev compensation when shooting and in PP add a S curve to give depth.

#3 - good use of the over exposure in the pic to creat as yellow light coming in from the glass panels.

Bro, original not really under expose, but it is my PP habit which needs to get rid off...recently kind of incline to PP most of my photos a little under-expose, will correct that bad habit...

Personally, I also like the HSR indoor shot, like what you said, the yellow light coming in from the glass panels somewhat give a different perspective...

Give another try out on the pana photo:

SunMoonLake-Pana.jpg

Still tilted? brighter? Any comment?

George, your second try on the pano shot. Although you have increased the overall brightness of the pic to bring up the details of the jetty. You have lost the saturation of the sky and the beautiful clouds. The whole pic looks washed out now.

Here's my try, let me know your opinion.
I have increased the overall exposure, maintained the saturation in the sky as your original post, added contrast to bring out the clouds, brought up the details of the jetty, whitened the trees a little.
SunMoonLake2007_IR-1.jpg

I still like the original one although it look a little gloomy.
Teerex yours look a little too saturated and becomes a little artificial.
Notice the water and platform also becomes a little unnatural.
My opinion only as I have no solution on how to make it brighter but horizon can be adjusted. :sweatsm:

Aiyah, this guy kena the virus liao mah.

Thanks for your opinions Dennis.

I still like the original one although it look a little gloomy.
Teerex yours look a little too saturated and becomes a little artificial.
Notice the water and platform also becomes a little unnatural.
My opinion only as I have no solution on how to make it brighter but horizon can be adjusted. :sweatsm:

Hmmm...the second photo already adjusted the horizon leh....still tilted meh? :think:

Aiyah, this guy kena the virus liao mah.

Thanks for your opinions Dennis.

Hahahahaha...actually kena virus long time liao, just that I have been trying very hard to resist.... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.