My picture is on newspaper.

greensky1

Mar 26, 2010
Erm I wanted to call sph, because I took this photo and they did not tell me that they are going to put it on newspaper, will they paid me if I call them?

Below got my watermark
27853401142898566205806.jpg

WHAT? used your photo without permission? I'm not a good about these legal stuff but I think you should take action, moreover they are a publishing company.

Ya call them already they tell me to call them back at 2pm.

let us know the result.

don settle anything below $1000

Editorial pics usually go fr 200 onwards...
Let us know the outcome...
It's weird that the newspapers would violate stuffs like this which is part of the usual work

they did credit you. haha. but just charge them!

My picture is below that 1, the chuan photography, sweetmemory & greensky1.

They download the picture from your web site without gain permission?

A*****o! B*****d! Threaten to sue them! Don't settle without getting back something reasonable.

My goodness! They print the picture with your watermark some more! The editor is definitely an idiot.

Last edited:
I never put it's free LOL, I just put the picture in my facebook but not sure where they get my picture.

seriously... tabloids will go all out to fulfill the quota to fill the pages lah, if they can barge into car accident victims funerals, there's nothing stopping them from stealing pics from our websites. yucks

I had experienced before that newpaper used my photos on a car explosion incident for a report and it was downloaded from my facebook..I don't even know which friend of mine passed the link over...

anyway, since you have the watermark, I really think you should contact Lian He Wan Bao. I think you can find their contacts on the paper itself..1st page... they should at least acknowledge your work as a form of respect. you own the photos if you do not take the photos during any paid assignment.

Get paid! coz ppl are paying for the papers... they shdn't take advantage of pgs like that..

Last edited:
My picture is below that 1, the chuan photography, sweetmemory & greensky1.

I guess that the one.
If you have lawyer friend to help to send a letter of demand. This way, you don't kanna bully.

Yes, get them to pay you.
They won't be so kind to you if it was the other way around.

Happened to the cycling group I am in. They asked for an interview, we were happy to give one, but when we had it published on the club website, they sent letter asking for money.:bigeyes: