Lumix L1

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe he unhook his top few buttons.

i guess u just hold the darn thing up and sayang it left right centre can already.

howcome u pay $3200 for yours?

how is it? good cam?
But the pixel count seems to be a little low for current market status.

Handles very well. I have the LC1 so it feels very familiar. In fact the L1 has all the right buttons at the right places so it is very intuitive. The lens is very sharp! I think the lens justifies the price. And here's the big surprise... the liveview works better than I expected. Maybe because the optical viewfinder is very dark indeed. I haven't tried shooting RAW so I cannot comment on the buffer issues that some people have brought up. Also tried the Olympus 50mm F2.0 Macro. That was really quite impressive! Tried the Olympus 7-14mm some time ago and was very impressed by that too (but not cheap!).

Regards to pixel count, I use a 8mp for professional work and there are no issues. 7.5 isn't too far off and I intend to use this as a travel camera and I'm sure it is more than good enough for this purpose.

If there's one thing I wish, it's that it should be a 24-100 equivalent instead of 28-100 and of course F2.0 constant!

Guys, go check it out!

checked with CP and price is $3200 with GST.
stock coming in this evening.

If i were to be able to carry it first in singapore, i'd also mark it up for some quick profits.... :)

If i were to be able to carry it first in singapore, i'd also mark it up for some quick profits.... :)
Only 1 day difference cost $500 more :bigeyes:
Anyway, reserved mine with Cathay Photo already. They said that that agent's RRP is $3,200.

went down to cp and they are left with a display set.
did not handle it but the body and lens combo look big and put me off. was expecting it to be smaller.

Got mine already. ;)
Also bought the Panasonic multi-coated protector as well. Quite good as it is almost as slim as those Hoya and B+W slim filters.
The Panasonic flash equivalent to the FL-50 is really, really expensive .... $890 :bigeyes:

Got mine already. ;)
Also bought the Panasonic multi-coated protector as well. Quite good as it is almost as slim as those Hoya and B+W slim filters.
The Panasonic flash equivalent to the FL-50 is really, really expensive .... $890 :bigeyes:

Cats photos please! :bsmilie:

saw it at funan 5th floor beside laser. damn it asked for price and quote me $4500. black shop how come still opened?? L1 beri big size hor.

Got mine already. ;)

I was wondering if the Olympus FL-36 flash is fully compatible on the L1:dunno:
Thanks!

Cats photos please! :bsmilie:
Your wish is my command... :)
Here's 2....

67749879.jpg

1/125s f/3.5 at 50.0mm

67749880.jpg

1/30s f/3.5 at 50.0mm

Both taken wide open at the tele-end of the Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14 - 55mm/f2.8 - 3.5 kit lens.

went down to cp and they are left with a display set.
did not handle it but the body and lens combo look big and put me off. was expecting it to be smaller.
The body is actually slightly longer than the E-330 but shorter in height and is also lighter in weight. It is the really solid Leica lens that's heavy.

However, if you didn't like the Live View of the E-330, I think you might not like it in the L1 too. I certainly prefer the Live View implementation in the E-330 to that of the L1. I find the sound of the raising and lowering of the mirror very startling and distracting and ended up not using the Live View feature very much. The only thing going for it in the L1 is that any changes to the exposure compensation and white balance settings can be seen in the Live View mode.

The cats photos are solid, I particularlly love the 1st pic. The Leica lens must be damn solid.

Guess I'll give the L1 a pass. Looking forward to a cam with a better live-view, be it Panny or Olympus.

Status
Not open for further replies.