Lumix G9 rubber skin on grip peeling - how to repair?

Luke

Apr 2, 2005
Anybody experiencing the rubber "skins" on your G9 or any other model peeling?

My cam is out of wty. Will panasonic fix it for free or for a reasonable fee?

Or does anyone know an alternative solution eg glue back the skin?

Thanks in advance

For your info the camera manufacturer uses a different type of adhesive that is not available at hardware stores, it's like the adhesive used in double sided tape. You could try a thin double side tape where it's only a semi transparant tape but I don't know how durable the adhesive is.

You could use other kind of glue like superglue but it can be messy as it flows like water. The most common type is contact glue used for funiture veneers or shoes, that yellow glue ( small cans ) that is infamous for glue sniffer addicts which you need to show id when you buy as required by police.Or also sold in tubes in supermarkets in hardware section. Even the common craft glue known as Yoohoo (clear, transparent ). This need masking tape to secure on position for glue to cure/ dry.
The contact yellow glue need practice and experience. You apply a thin coat to rubber skin and camera body, wait a while and press together, that's why it's called contact glue. Good luck in diy.

Anybody experiencing the rubber "skins" on your G9 or any other model peeling?

My cam is out of wty. Will panasonic fix it for free or for a reasonable fee?

Or does anyone know an alternative solution eg glue back the skin?

Thanks in advance
Same with my GX7.
I have emailed panasonic Singapore to ask them to fix for free. See how it goes.
None of that happened to my other cameras like GF1, GX1 and other brands.