Lee Big Stopper

primetime

Jan 8, 2006
I might be able to secure a couple of brand new Lee Big Stopper at a price below S$240. More like S$220-230 all inclusive. Don't ask me how, a bit unbelievable looking at the price in eBay but it's true.
I've already secured one for myself but would like to know if any of you are interested. No commitment but if there are interest I'll be glad to help.
Just drop me a PM or a note here.

From the messages I received, some may not be familiar with Lee Filter system. You can read up from here:
http://www.leefilters.com/index.php
You'll need the foundation kit to use the big stopper.
This offer is about availability rather than price! The list price in town is S$240.
I tried getting from local shops but gave up. Can never find any stock. Same everywhere around the world. That why some are selling more than US$240 at eBay!
My friend managed to get me one at a shop in UK. Surprise to find it cheaper then Singapore... even after postage.
So I thought it will be a service to some of you who like to have one. However, unlikely to have many left. So best effort from me only.

I have just received my copy of the Lee Big Stopper Filter today. Too precious to tear open the seal.. May be tomorrow... :)

To those who have indicated interest, this is what I am going to do:
- My friend is going to call up the shop to see how many he can get..
- Depending on the number of filters I can get, I'll allocate base on who has indicated interest first.
- Those allocated will need to transfer S$80 deposit into my bank account within 24hrs to confirm your interest. Otherwise, the opportunity goes to the next on my list.
- Hopefully we can complete the confirmation within 2 days and proceed to buy the filters before they are gone.
- The shipment will take about 2 weeks.
- Once they are here, you can collect from me and pay me the rest (S$150) at Toa Payoh MRT or any place at my convenience :)
- Please make sure you really want the filter before committing. I don't mind paying for the filter first but certainly do not need more than 1 for myself!!

Cheers!

I was just informed by one who was interested in this MO that one of Lee filter's retailer here have received some stock. Not much different in price from what I can get. In this case, I'm relieved to declared this MO obsoleted! cheers! :)

After check on the lee website and quite impressive :)

Come with how many diameter of filter size?

Thanks

rain5533 said:
After check on the lee website and quite impressive :)

Come with how many diameter of filter size?

Thanks

You'll need the foundation kit to use the square/rectangle filter. There's a step up adapter to fit you lens to the foundation kit. The adapter has to be purchased saperately and came in many sizes. I am using the 77mm and 82mm. You should be able to find one that fit your lens provided the shops have them in stock.

primetime said:
You'll need the foundation kit to use the square/rectangle filter. There's a step up adapter to fit you lens to the foundation kit. The adapter has to be purchased saperately and came in many sizes. I am using the 77mm and 82mm. You should be able to find one that fit your lens provided the shops have them in stock.

See this link for more details: http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera/system

primetime said:

May I know if compare with B+W ND 110 filter with Big stopper got any different?

Thanks

rain5533 said:
May I know if compare with B+W ND 110 filter with Big stopper got any different?

Thanks

Actually, I also have a 77mm B+W ND 110.
Difference in Image Quality, eg. Color cast etc. I can't really comment as I haven't found time to test drive the Big Stopper yet. The blur effect should be the same.
The reason why I get the Big Stopper despite having the B+W are for these reasons:
- recently bought a Zeiss lens with 82mm diameter..
- already have the Lee system with graduate neutral filters etc. and would be great to combine the effects
- other excuses :)

primetime said:
Actually, I also have a 77mm B+W ND 110.
Difference in Image Quality, eg. Color cast etc. I can't really comment as I haven't found time to test drive the Big Stopper yet. The blur effect should be the same.
The reason why I get the Big Stopper despite having the B+W are for these reasons:
- recently bought a Zeiss lens with 82mm diameter..
- already have the Lee system with graduate neutral filters etc. and would be great to combine the effects
- other excuses :)

Thanks you so much.. Look like worth it for future if needed to used 82mm still able to continue using it :)