Large format negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

destes

Mar 20, 2006
Does anyone know where I could go to get a viewer for Large format negatives. I have a printer where you can look at negatives, but it only came in 35mm. I have alot of pictures from the 40 and 50's that are large format negatives.

... buy (or build) a lightbox / light-table? Check cathay photo or ruby.

or have them digitally scanned. The epson 4990 or canon 9950F can do it.

We have an HP 3210 that can scan negatives, but we only have the accessaries for the 35mm negatives and slides. If you could tell me where I could get a accessary for the large format, we could do it on that. :dunno:

destes said:
We have an HP 3210 that can scan negatives, but we only have the accessaries for the 35mm negatives and slides. If you could tell me where I could get a accessary for the large format, we could do it on that. :dunno:

how does it scan negatives? U have to know where is the light source that transmit thro ur film to the CCD. Then place the film there.

Generally, for flatbed scanner, the purpose of film holder is to hold the film flat( so that it is not curve by the heat of the lamp) and raise it to the focusing height of the scanner.

So u dun really need an accessary if u can maintain the film flat at the focusing height. :sweatsm:

Actually I also have alot of 4x5 trans to scan. I am looking at the latest offering from Epson V700 and V750 pro. May be you want to look at them as well.;)

I have some medium format flim I want to scan. How much does it cost?

I can offer hi res scanning services for several MF formats as well as 4x5. Scans are on an Imacon scanner. If interested, please drop me an email at cs@21frames.com

NO PM PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.