Jumping Spider @ Home

Daddy Bear

Aug 14, 2010
Dear all,

golf was called off today, so was glad to come home and see my friend on the wall.
Some photos to share. C and C welcome! :)

Canon 7D/180mm 3.5L/extension tubes 36mm+20mm/Manual settings/F13/ISO 400/1/200s/single EX 270 Flash/+3 Flash exposure/ tripod mounted/home-made DIY diffuser

Thanks for viewing!

Adrian (Dad Bear)

Last edited:
nice captured....

Looks like you've found the secret recepe!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: beautifully taken! Your friend should be very pleased. ;)

nice captured....

Thanks Jixa!

Looks like you've found the secret recepe!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: beautifully taken! Your friend should be very pleased. ;)

Thanks Hiho, at home its a fairly controlled environment. To achieve the background, I had to look for a fairly large piece of cloth (used my pyjamas in the end lol). At least I did something this afternoon after the golfing disappointment.

Nice shots
Thanks for viewing Elite77

Can see hair! Very sharp series boss, next time bring your friend along for shoots k =D

Can see hair! Very sharp series boss, next time bring your friend along for shoots k =D

Nicky, after dazing him for 15mins, I pang seh him into the garden where he can procreate and make more jumpies for me to shoot. LOL

No golfing no problem right, Adrian? Now you have a new toy to occupy your time. Can go butterfly garden to take picture with very creamy bg. A very sharp and nice JS you have got. Was it handheld or tripod?

No golfing no problem right, Adrian? Now you have a new toy to occupy your time. Can go butterfly garden to take picture with very creamy bg. A very sharp and nice JS you have got. Was it handheld or tripod?

LOL, thanks for viewing, Victor. Ya, election coming mah, lots of lightning and thunder yesterday! ;)
Butterflies a whole new kettle of fish. 180 hard to hand hold lah, plus the 2 extension tubes, it already looked like a mini bazooka. All on tripod. :D

Very nice set, I have a few of these in my kitchen :)

Thanks for viewing, Master Kurt. Frankly, if we all look around a little more closely in our kitchens, we will find a good deal more things / subjects! :)

LOL, thanks for viewing, Victor. Ya, election coming mah, lots of lightning and thunder yesterday! ;)
Butterflies a whole new kettle of fish. 180 hard to hand hold lah, plus the 2 extension tubes, it already looked like a mini bazooka. All on tripod. :D

haha... on the 25 we are all going down on our knee. so does your tripod.

btw, I could see my hand cut diffuser growing smaller in the JS eyes and this could tell that this lens allows you to have a bigger working distant from the subject.

btw, I could see my hand cut diffuser growing smaller in the JS eyes and this could tell that this lens allows you to have a bigger working distant from the subject.

Hi Victor, you are right. The minimum working distance is 48cm, almost 1.6 x that of the 100mm being 30mm. That helps in that you dun scare the subject away. LOL, which as you can tell, I might done too many times already. Your diffuser is still the best! When not in use, I put in under lock and key, lest the kids at home accidentally step on it. :S