Hong Kong Trip in Feb 2011

dougs

Jun 7, 2010
Hi all,

I will be making my way to Hong Kong for the marathon next Feb. Was thinking of staying in Kowloon and shooting a bit during this trip.

Any recommendations for place to stay in Kowloon? I was thinking of somewhere near Tsim Tsa Tsui or Jordan, if there is a boutique hotel/studio apartment, kindly recommend.. :)

Budget around SGD$150-$200/(HKD$700-$900) for a room (2 pax) a night.

Also, was wondering any places I can take interesting shots of this city?

thanks...............!!!

Hey,

you can try cityview, it is a very nice clean hotel and the hotel is very near one of the MRT station, i think it is yau ma tei or something? try going to the lamut island, simply fantastic cable car ride with awesome view.

cheers.

You should go up to THE PEAK, the night scenery is magnificent. You might want to bring along your tripod. Up at the peak, you can visit the wax museum and take pictures with many Stars (i dont mean the stars on the sky) ;)

u can try the bird mkt at Mongkok. excellent for street photo

thanks all for the quick response. seems like i will bring along my tripod (shan't be lazy).

was thinking of staying at boutique hotels/service apartments. any recommendations? also thinking of going macau.

You can check out Novotel Nathan road, it's really convenient and about 5 minutes walk to Jordan MTR station :) Also there are loads of shops just across, where you'll get the roadside stalls. If you're intending to stay in Macau, you can consider Sofitel Ponte 16. It's beautiful and rather cheap :)

i'm going in March'11.
from what i hv researched so far, hotels at Mongkok area are expensive.
if u would not mind a bit of travelling, Holiday Inn Express Causeway bay seems good.
if not Metropark hotel Mongkok seems ok, it's a stop further away from Mongkok, prince Edward stop i think...

Last edited:
You can check out Novotel Nathan road, it's really convenient and about 5 minutes walk to Jordan MTR station :) Also there are loads of shops just across, where you'll get the roadside stalls. If you're intending to stay in Macau, you can consider Sofitel Ponte 16. It's beautiful and rather cheap :)

Is there a bus from HK international airport direct to Jordan MTR station?
How much is the rate per night in Novotel for two pax?
Any cheaper hotel near the airport?
Many Thanks.

Many Thanks.

take Bus A21... From Airport to Jordan MTR. ;)

Many Thanks.

Airport Bus A 21 ply the entire Nathan Road from Mongkok to Tsim Sha Tsui before terminating at Hung Hom Station :

http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/ro...e=1&daytime=3&route=A21&routetype=D&company=5

It costs only 33 HKD if you use the Octopus card.

P.S : The bus is also WIFI enabled and free of charge...