Has anyone bought a screen protector for D5000?

Kangnie

Feb 18, 2010
Singapore
I bought a 2.7inch screen protector but it was too small so I went to have it changed to 3.0inch. It was still small. Does anyone knows what size I should get in order to cover the entire glass area, instead of only the 2.7inch LCD screen? Or there's no such size in the market and I've to buy a bigger piece and cut it up on my own?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Actually I have the same query as TS. I currently using a 3 inch LCD protector but it doesn't cover fully......any idea where we can get a protector which fits perfectly? thks~

I bought a 2.7inch screen protector but it was too small so I went to have it changed to 3.0inch. It was still small. Does anyone knows what size I should get in order to cover the entire glass area, instead of only the 2.7inch LCD screen? Or there's no such size in the market and I've to buy a bigger piece and cut it up on my own?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The actual LCD screen is 2.7 inch but the glass panel outside are much larger, with black borders surrounding it.

I suggest you get custom LCD protectors designed specifically for the D5k rather than the general ones, if you are particular about covering the entire panel. I recommend GGS screen protector. Perfect fit, and it is hard and scratch resistant.

Read the review here: http://reviews.davidleetong.com/?p=847

The actual LCD screen is 2.7 inch but the glass panel outside are much larger, with black borders surrounding it.

I suggest you get custom LCD protectors designed specifically for the D5k rather than the general ones, if you are particular about covering the entire panel. I recommend GGS screen protector. Perfect fit, and it is hard and scratch resistant.

Any recommended places to buy customized LCD protectors? Thks~

Any recommended places to buy customized LCD protectors? Thks~

If you are comfortable sticking them on yourself, I recommend you get it from Mass sales.

If you want someone to do it nicely for you, get it from shops like OP but have to pay more.

Ditto that, went to OP and got the GGS for my D90 after daredevil123's recommendations. Got the Chinese chap to apply the screens for me as well (I think he could slap them on blindfolded :bsmilie:) Clean, straight-on, no ugly trapped bubbles and I'm a happy camper till this day... This is the biggest difference between getting them mail-ordered and at the shop (for the extra service).

Last edited:
If you are comfortable sticking them on yourself, I recommend you get it from Mass sales.

If you want someone to do it nicely for you, get it from shops like OP but have to pay more.

Mmmm. I bought a 3 inch one and im pretty satisfied. Just wanna protect the part in which in use D:

Hi Guys. I just purchased a GGS LCD Screen Protector for D5000 from mass sales.

FYI, do note that you will not be able to close the LCD panel into storage position fully as the protector is abit thick...But other than that, look like a really tough protector. :)