EOS-R FF Mirrorless

Apr 17, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Got a call from Cathay Photo to collect my pre-order starting tomorrow. Can't wait to test this new babe. Starting this threat for EOS-R users to discuss our gear. Happy shooting.

Mind I ask how much u pay for the body?

However. It seem not working with zongyi speedmaster 85f1.2 manual focus lenses, show error when attached to the camera. But the lenses works fine with dslr. Need to go to the dealer to find out the problem, maybe needs firmware updates. Any bro have other issues?

After I collected the EOS R, I went down to Canon Service Centre to purchased the adaptor. Its the basic type, no lens control ring.

Is the adapter for PWP ($49) already available? I was told by the shop that it will only be available from 15th Oct. If it is already available, I will go down tomorrow to purchase it as I cannot test the camera now without lens.

Is the adapter for PWP ($49) already available? I was told by the shop that it will only be available from 15th Oct. If it is already available, I will go down tomorrow to purchase it as I cannot test the camera now without lens.
Yes, only the preorder customers can 1 to1 purchase the adapter at SCC.

44332876465_781bc5de76_z.jpg
zongyi Speedmaster f1.2 manual focused. Issue solved.

Last edited:
Works fine with all my Zeiss manual focused lenses. No regret to have it. Period.

Thanks!~ was thinking using it with my Zeiss classic lens and getting the "control ring" adaptor....

Does the new AF have issues with Sigma prime lenses, those non-ART version?

Does the new AF have issues with Sigma prime lenses, those non-ART version?
My Sigma 50 f1.4 HSM is faulty, so can't tell, but I tested on my Sigma105mm and 150mm macro lens. They work fine. I'll rent some other glasses to test out the results. Any Bro that had tested the other combo, please share your thoughts in this thread.

Rolling shutter in EOS -R and apparently none of the usual Youtube reviews reported it.
I guess this only applies to those who intend to use it for video.

Reactions: Michaelavaloke2009