Con Shop: Worldwide Cameras @ Peninsula

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM101 said:
Suggest to start a sticky thread on these Black shops... :angry:

Couldn't agree more , went down today to source for a Len hood from several outlets and all no stocks so decided to try this f xxx shop I already know roughly the price for this model as I kept asking around , this salesperson in his late forties served me and i was glad when he told me got 1 last pc left when asked abt the price he simply said 60 bucks ... I mean this Lens hood from a 3rd party source I asked around sold merely 20 plus to 30 max and this salesperson was telling me 60 bucks !!!!!! Straight away I told him hey I thought this hood sell only like 20 odds , immediately he snatched it back and quoted get me 20 pc lor I buy from you an went back to his table .... Wa ... What attitude and ethics this person portray really make my day ... Dear clubbers pls stirred clear from this shop unless u want to get chopped !!!

Hmmm... we are all in photography and video stuff...

How come no one started an operation to video, record and broadcast their wrong doings?

I mean it can be shared in Facebook after that via YouTube...
It will be warning to all locals and overseas...

He also tried to con me, tried to sell me a Hoya "Pro1 Digital" filter as the best filter in Hoya's range when I was looking for a Hoya HD filter. He kept saying it was good because it said pro on it. Of course I didnt buy, but never go there!

Aaron

Again!!! Oh no...

Those who get conned or chopped are usually those who do not do homework prior to purchase.
Those who are already here usually are aware of such scams.

Hmmm... we are all in photography and video stuff...

How come no one started an operation to video, record and broadcast their wrong doings?

I mean it can be shared in Facebook after that via YouTube...
It will be warning to all locals and overseas...

Someone did actually, It's on youtube. It was also reported by razor TV. :bsmilie:

Just walk over to Funan and visit TK Foto loh.
Prices mostly all tag one no need to bargain or kena chop carrot.

If I don't know the price of certain item or have no time to do "homework", will just get it from places like Courts, Harvey Norman, Best etc. At least won't get con.

huatman said:
If I don't know the price of certain item or have no time to do "homework", will just get it from places like Courts, Harvey Norman, Best etc. At least won't get con.

If you didn't do homework I suggest going Cathay, TK or SLR-R, you would over pay by a lot if you go to those chain stores. Not recommended

You may not get "conned" but you would be paying RRP (recommended retail price), where as if you go to reputable shops like TK, CP, etc... you'd be paying below RRP.

if you do your homework like me, you will find out that sometimes Harvey norman & Challenger can match prices offered by smaller retailers. It's about the sales person and the venue.

for eg,

2years ago when I bought my canon 5D mark 2 body, the RRP was $3899(can't remember exactly) and other retailers had it going at $3699. I went to the IT show(harvey norman) on the last day at the last hour, I happened to asked the sales person and it turns out that he's the manager. He gave me the price of $3699(same as reputable shops at funan). The best thing was that he didnt charge extra for the credit card 0% installment(unlike reputable shops at funan where they charge extra of 3%-5%)

last year, at the harvey norman megasale at singapore expo when the canon 1000D RPP was $899 and other retailers selling at $700, i got it at $699 on the last day of the harvey norman expo. Again no extra charge for credit card

last month, i bought the Sony Nex 3 duel lens kit and NEX VG10. The RRP was $999 and $2999. Challenger gave me $912 and $2700 respectively. They were selling at about the same as other retailers, but still threw in lots of free stuff

so do not think that Challenger and harvey norman only sell at RRP

Know will be paying more and have some useless gift if bought from big chain stores, but at least won't have the worry that will be treated as a "carrot", especially for some who not familiar with the price of the product in market. Think sometime some of sale person in those reputable shops may give "not so good" price also.
Lot of time those smaller retailers price are also only for cash. So if want to pay by credit card or installment etc, the price different may not be that much especially during some road show (last day) or sales etc where they are clearing stock.

But now most of time when wanted to get something that not so cheap, will always try to do a bit of homework, at least know the RRP or walk a few shop within the area so won't get chop :)

Can't the person file a report with CASE? Get the receipts and stuff for clarification loh.
But I think to file a report, you need to pay $25 right?

Can't the person file a report with CASE? Get the receipts and stuff for clarification loh.
But I think to file a report, you need to pay $25 right?

CASE is not an authority. They can blacklist, they can mitigate, but they cannot order any company to do anything, nor can they close any company down.

Being a young girl of her age, i wouldn't think she is aware of such practices. Think of it another way, these people who con people of their hard earned money will one day get conned by someone else one day. Who knows, some PRC chick might clean out their bank in future. What goes around, comes around.

Watch your words! Don't you just flame PRC chicks! SG chicks are the worst!

CASE is not an authority. They can blacklist, they can mitigate, but they cannot order any company to do anything, nor can they close any company down.

Oh~ I thought they are able to get the company to close down? Hmmm.. Ok, sorry for misconception. Maybe like the previous incident at Sim Lim. Take his photo, then everyone knows it. The maybe the shop might do something to the worker there. =\

Watch your words! Don't you just flame PRC chicks! SG chicks are the worst!

Agreed. But not all SG Chicks are bad lah. Some quite ok de. However those that had their bank wipe clean by PRC Chicks deserved it as they willingly allow them to do so. Therefore should not have any complaints. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.