Close my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mronetwothree

Apr 22, 2009
Singapore
Hi, if I close my account, will all my past post be deleted?

They are in buy/sell posting. These postings are almost decade old, is there any reasons why I can't edit or delete them?

It is the policy of ClubSNAP to keep these postings.

But these contain my private information which is protected under PDPA 2012. Can I make a request for clubsnap to cease disclosure of my private information (name, email, contact)?

My data are also no longer useful to clubsnap, clubsnap would not be suffering from any loss due to my request

You may request this from the admin.
But also do read up what the PDPA really means. If in doubt, consult a lawyer.

Since you asked.

Extracted from the chapter

“individual” means a natural person, whether living or deceased;

“organisation” includes any individual, company, association or body of persons, corporate or unincorporated, whether or not —
(a)formed or recognised under the law of Singapore; or

(b)resident, or having an office or a place of business, in Singapore;

“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified —
(a)from that data; or

(b)from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access;

Withdrawal of consent

16.—(1) On giving reasonable notice to the organisation, an individual may at any time withdraw any consent given, or deemed to have been given under this Act, in respect of the collection, use or disclosure by that organisation of personal data about the individual for any purpose.

The PDPC expects organisations to take individuals’ concerns about their personal data seriously and to work actively with individuals to sort out their concerns

Should had known you are not in power, thought that "staff member" badge meant something. I thank you for your time nonetheless.

I have forwarded your request to the admins of ClubSNAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.