Anyone knows what is Neodymium speaker technology???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely refers to the type of magnets that are being used. Neodymium magnets are supposedly lighter and have a more powerful magnetic field than traditional ferrite magnets. Doesn't necessarily guarantee better sound though.

Hope this helps.

FYI, its been ard 4 several years already.

when it comes to sound, trust ur ears!;p

best if u hav a keen sense of hearing. :sweat: :sweat:

marketing gimmick :cool:

i use 2 pairs of altec-lansing 220 speakers for fake surround sound :bsmilie:

ahaha i m using Yamaha :p but cheap and Good ..
Comes with woofer ..

:)

yes, i second that. the job of a magnet is to provide a strong concentration of magnetic field around the voice-coil of a loudspeaker.

it's the other materials like the cone, spider assembly, and rubber surround that gives it the final characteristics of the perceived sound quality.

HN31 said:
Most likely refers to the type of magnets that are being used. Neodymium magnets are supposedly lighter and have a more powerful magnetic field than traditional ferrite magnets. Doesn't necessarily guarantee better sound though.

Hope this helps.

If ears cannot tell the difference, get the cheaper one. Your wallet will definitely be able to tell the difference.

thought neodymium is for portables?
use on speakers like a waste since speakers need density to withstand the air pressure. and then use plumbium cases huh :D

denizenx said:
use on speakers like a waste since speakers need density to withstand the air pressure. and then use plumbium cases huh :D

I tot so too! Normally found in higher end ear and headphones.

denizenx said:

Actually some high-end speakers (e.g. JM Labs Grande Utopia Be) do use neodmium as part of their magnet assembly.

focal is one of the few companies that makes its own drivers, while some other highend speaker manufacturers eg, sonus faber's cremona gets their drivers from some danish speaker company.... :)
HN31 said:
Actually some high-end speakers (e.g. JM Labs Grande Utopia Be) do use neodmium as part of their magnet assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.