Actual Day Photographer for Chinese Wedding needed.(Low Budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace2001

Apr 9, 2003
www.pbase.com
Hi all

My friend is getting married this weekend and we are searching for a actuall day photographer for his big day.
We are looking for photographer enthusiast who is looking to build his portfolio.
Budget of ard 300 to 500
Please sent your portfolio, quotation + included photos, album etc and contacts details to Acez2001sg@yahoo.Com
Details
Coverage: Morning ChineseTea Ceremony + Wedding Dinner at Chinese Restaurant
Date: 11th June 06

PS: Only selected parties would be notified.
Thanks all for your attention

You looking for a photographer who wants to build his portfolio, yet you want to view his portfolio? :dunno:

espn said:
You looking for a photographer who wants to build his portfolio, yet you want to view his portfolio? :dunno:

Maybe portfolio of other things also can lor... pets, vegetables, macro photo of spider :bsmilie:

ace2001 said:
Hi all

My friend is getting married this weekend and we are searching for a actuall day photographer for his big day.
We are looking for photographer enthusiast who is looking to build his portfolio.
Budget of ard 300 to 500
Please sent your portfolio, quotation + included photos, album etc and contacts details to Acez2001sg@yahoo.Com
Details
Coverage: Morning ChineseTea Ceremony + Wedding Dinner at Chinese Restaurant
Date: 11th June 06

PS: Only selected parties would be notified.
Thanks all for your attention

wah...low budget still asking for album...from morning till dinner...donno budget enuff to print the photos or not.....heh...shiong man...for the photographer with the amt of $$ he/she getting...hiaz...all the best in ur search for the ONE then...heh..

I apologise i should have used "further build" instead of "build" his portfolio. Pardon for any misunderstanding
I am not looking for some established professional because this is defintely not within his price range, and that is why i stated my "low budget" in the threadname to avoid anyone wasting his time.
However i am also not looking for someone who have totally no experience at all and that is why the asking for the portfolio, because on the groom side i believe he would not want to pay 300 to 500 for someone who have no experience at all?

My last knowledge for the quotation from his studio is 420. I open up this chance for any person with little experience to take up the offer. If the amt offer is too little, i apologise for your time, but try not to OT in this thread, Thanks.

ace2001 said:
I apologise i should have used "further build" instead of "build" his portfolio. Pardon for any misunderstanding
I am not looking for some established professional because this is defintely not within his price range, and that is why i stated my "low budget" in the threadname to avoid anyone wasting his time.
However i am also not looking for someone who have totally no experience at all and that is why the asking for the portfolio, because on the groom side i believe he would not want to pay 300 to 500 for someone who have no experience at all?

My last knowledge for the quotation from his studio is 420. I open up this chance for any person with little experience to take up the offer. If the amt offer is too little, i apologise for your time, but try not to OT in this thread, Thanks.

The bridal studio won't offer $420.00 with prints and album, if they do, maybe only 100 over prints and couple need to pay xtra $$ for more prints.

anyway, the budget you stated is workable if the couple have very low expectation on the wedding photography.

Hope this help.

ace2001 said:

Actually, $420 including Albums and Prints is a very good deal. Maybe you should really consider it. Moreover, he is getting married this weekend, sincerely doubt it would be easy to find one within your budget at this tight timing.

ace2001 said:

Check with the studio how many rolls the studio include, if I am not wrong, $420 package normally gives you only 4 rolls (4x36). additional rolls (which you normally needs, may be another 4 rolls) will be chargable at $50 per roll. So you still end up paying 600+

Futher more, you don't know which photog you will get, as the studio usally have a list of freelances to do the job. and it could be 'sub' to a photogragher who in turn "sub-sub" to his kakis.......sometimes the photog that arrive in the morning is a newbie, you won't know.

300 - 500 is a ok rate in the market for workmanship only, prints and album not includsive.

This is a one time event, your friend should spend more and get someone pro to capture thoese precious moments. :D

catchlights, blurblock, jetspeed818, etc:
Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, I will have to ask them to double check for any xtra cost, as always from the studio, for extra rolls or timing like you guys have mentioned. Correct the most crucial factor is the date on these busy months for wedding and the short notice!

Thanks for all that had responded, My friend will contact you directly within the next 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.