A new, fresh look to ClubSNAP for 2018

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Hi everyone,

This update has been long overdue and I remember posting about it way back in May 2017. Long story short is that we were waiting for a stable software version and to ensure that the functionality of the old forums software is maintained as much as possible after we move to a new software platform.

ClubSNAP New Logo

Logo.png

There is still some work to be done but we wanted to open up the forums for members in the meantime. As I mentioned before, one of the biggest advantages of this new software is the ability to drag-and-drop image files for a direct upload to our servers, but even in saying that, there are two options available to members. This works across desktop and mobile browsers and you can select images to upload directly from your phone or tablet.

Inline attachment to threads/posts
Images can be attached to posts as it is being written, but the attachment size will be limited to 600px maximum dimension.
The MAIN use for attachments would be to include images in the Personal Classifieds sections.

Upload to Media Gallery
This would be the preferred method for members who want a higher quality image for posting into the Photo Galleries sections. The image dimension will be set at 1200px at the maximum (for the moment), and this will yield a higher quality image for viewing.

Other notable features
1. Watched threads and forum sections – you can be alerted if new threads are created in Watched sections, or new replies are posted in a Watched thread.
2. Private Messages (in old system) is now referred to as Conversations, and you can invite multiple people into a Conversation.

We are in the midst of tweaking the server settings and the maximum file upload size is currently set at 4MB – we can increase this as required.

For now, please take a look around the new ClubSNAP forums and please give us your feedback and also to report back any issues that you come across.

Things to be done over the next few days
1. Forms-based posting to Personal Classified sections
2. General housekeeping and consolidation of unused/underused sections
3. Tweaking of file upload permissions to find an optimum balance

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick update – Full Site Search is a bit wonky at the moment and the search index is being rebuilt (slowly as we have more than 9M posts!). Until the rebuild is completed, members may not be able to find the latest posts using the Search function on the top right of the page. Our apologies in advance.

The What's New and New Posts links in the navigation bar uses a different search mechanism and is functioning correctly, so please use those in the interim.

Reactions: Amberkhim
It will definitely take some time to get used to

Any way to make a dedicated tab for marketplace? Right now i find it all the way at the bottom under forums to buy/sell stuff.

Does this have any mobile app we can use instead of browser ? I’ve been using Tapatalk pro but now doesn’t seem to be able to use this app to login.

Reactions: Agent Jx
Kudos for the migration to the new platform and software!

Any word on the possibility of updating the Clubsnap app for our smart phones? It has been neglected for a pretty long time.

Cheers

Does this have any mobile app we can use instead of browser ? I’ve been using Tapatalk pro but now doesn’t seem to be able to use this app to login.

Kudos for the migration to the new platform and software!

Any word on the possibility of updating the Clubsnap app for our smart phones? It has been neglected for a pretty long time.

Cheers
The new software has a fully responsive design and is perfectly usable on a mobile browser (I am replying using my iPhone right now). All functions are available on mobile including direct image upload from your phone/tablet.

We are not considering a dedicated app (the previous dedicated app was abandoned by the developer) and Tapatalk is not fully sanctioned to interoperate with the new software due to security issues on Tapatalk’s side (as far as I am aware). We will keep an eye on Tapatalk and re-evaluate later.

In the meantime, try ClubSNAP on your mobile browser and let us know what you think.

Any way to make a dedicated tab for marketplace? Right now i find it all the way at the bottom under forums to buy/sell stuff.
Will investigate options and if possible, will implement. Thank you for the feedback.

I can't edit or make changes to my older posts anymore ????

The new software has a fully responsive design and is perfectly usable on a mobile browser (I am replying using my iPhone right now). All functions are available on mobile including direct image upload from your phone/tablet.

We are not considering a dedicated app (the previous dedicated app was abandoned by the developer) and Tapatalk is not fully sanctioned to interoperate with the new software due to security issues on Tapatalk’s side (as far as I am aware). We will keep an eye on Tapatalk and re-evaluate later.

In the meantime, try ClubSNAP on your mobile browser and let us know what you think.

Thanks. Noted. Unfortunately, age is catching up, and on the browser, the font is smaller due to it being responsive. But understand the security implications.

thanks.

I can't edit or make changes to my older posts anymore ????
Details, please. Even on the old software, there was a time limit on editing posts.

well done..my bird photos are showing in high quality format now to justify its image quality :D
and also older threads are now visible in Pages.

Details, please. Even on the old software, there was a time limit on editing posts.

There used to be a link "Edit" on every post (when I sign in) - now it is missing :eek:

There used to be a link "Edit" on every post (when I sign in) - now it is missing :eek:
Okay, made some permission changes. You should have the ability to edit your own posts again.

Reactions: DM101
Excellent. Even better.
Congrats!

are the Reputation points gone?

When searching for Personal Classifieds, the items are not sorted chronologically. I get posts dated 2010 on top, some from 2011 and back to 2014 before going back to 2011 again. Is that a bug or feature in the search engine ?

The home page looks a bit uninteresting. possible to feature photos or a banner on it? Like the red fox that used to grace CS's homepage.

NIce feels.. congrats!