Recommendation for tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
hiz,
Hope to have some advices from regarding to tripods.

I'm looking at tripods at around $100 or less. I'm willing to lift the budet higher if its value for money at higher end. Hope to have a light material tripod such that it'll be convenient for backpacking with lots of walks.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?:dunno:

i use a Slik 330DX. goes for around $120 new. i changed to a ball head manfrotto 486rc2

try slik sprint pro... <$90 its around 1kg with the default head... making good for travel...

what equipment u using? might be better if we know the equipment to advise better.

I'm using a S3IS now, but will be planning to upgrade to a dSLR next year. dSLR will be probably in the consumer range.

Does a monopod differs much from a tripod?

hiz,
Hope to have some advices from regarding to tripods.

I'm looking at tripods at around $100 or less. I'm willing to lift the budet higher if its value for money at higher end. Hope to have a light material tripod such that it'll be convenient for backpacking with lots of walks.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?:dunno:

light and cheap does not fit that the higher end. PPCP has a good review so far. look into my signature to go thru the list of product.

but do take note that tripod connection to ballhead is not universal size. some is 2/8". some is 3/8". make sure they fit.

Does a monopod differ much from a tripod?

A monopod is useful for sports and action photography. If you're using a long and heavy telephoto lens, like an AF-VR 70-200mm, the monopod would be attached to the lens, instead of the camera body, to support it. Since it has 1-leg, it's less stable than a tripod, especially for close-up and portrait photography. However, it's more convenient to use and it makes you more mobile.

Try a Benro carbon fibre monopod? www.benro.cn

You can buy it at ...

T K Foto Technic
100 Beach Road #02-45 Shaw Towers Singapore 189702
Telephone: 62928167 Website: www.tkfoto.com.sg E-Mail: sales@tkfoto.com.sg

try slik sprint pro... <$90 its around 1kg with the default head... making good for travel...

1kg seems very attractive. But how do i check if a tripod is good and stable which meats my need?

PPCB looks like quite a good tripod, except for its weight. And its size looks intimidating though. Is it advisiable to invest in it for future proof?

I've done abit research on monopod. Yup its very convenient. But most claimed that it cant take good nightshot photography. But how true is that? Standing on 1 leg seems very shaky to me

Since with my tight budget, is it advisable to get tripod from BnS? I didnt realise the importance of a good tripod till i shot some terrible night photography in Taiwan

1kg seems very attractive. But how do i check if a tripod is good and stable which meats my need?

PPCB looks like quite a good tripod, except for its weight. And its size looks intimidating though. Is it advisiable to invest in it for future proof?

I've done abit research on monopod. Yup its very convenient. But most claimed that it cant take good nightshot photography. But how true is that? Standing on 1 leg seems very shaky to me
if you are upgrading to dSLR with average size lens or those "bazooka" the sprint pro would not be that suitable... if it is just normal kit lens, it is pretty alright.
i know someone who is using sprint pro with a giottos head with d70+18-70 kit lens, not very stable but good enough for normal usage.
else you might want to try PPCP one... it seems to be a bigger version of the sprint pro, just like slik 340dx.

Came upon a guy in BnS-

Slik & Manfrotto Slik Pro 330DX body & Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead-current bid is $130.

Do you guys think this is a good combination for travelling?

Because i'm getting a dSLR in a couple of months time(still debating) i hope to get one which can last for a 1-2 years before there is a need to upgrade. Of course, i'm not shooting in bazooka lenses found at foodball field. Probably one which can sustain a 18-200 VR Nikon lense.(about that size ba)

Came upon a guy in BnS-

Slik & Manfrotto Slik Pro 330DX body & Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead-current bid is $130.

Do you guys think this is a good combination for travelling?

Because i'm getting a dSLR in a couple of months time(still debating) i hope to get one which can last for a 1-2 years before there is a need to upgrade. Of course, i'm not shooting in bazooka lenses found at foodball field. Probably one which can sustain a 18-200 VR Nikon lense.(about that size ba)
this a pretty good setup... weight is around <2kg. :thumbsup:

I realised my dad owns a 055CL. But its abit heavy for travelling. Any comment on this tripod comparing to the above Slik Pro 330DX?

Status
Not open for further replies.